Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

G752VS Can't two-finger scroll on Touchpad after resuming from sleep?

I have a G752VS-RB71 and experiencing this issue. Is anyone else having this problem? When I close the lid, then reopen it, the touchpad works, but I can no longer two-finger scroll. In addition, the sensitive is ridiculous so I can no longer type without my palms touching the touchpad and having it affect my typing.

If I restart my computer, everything is fine again, but obviously that's not really a solution. This only happens after I close the lid and reopen the lid.

ASUS Smart Gesture is NOT installed, and was never installed. I never bothered installing it as I figured it wasn't needed since it wasn't one of the default programs. The Drivers & Tools page for this laptop on ASUS doesn't list it either.

ROG Member Array

Can't use multitouch gestures on G752VS and Windows Anniversary Update

I too have problems with the Asus Precision Touchpad driver when upgraded to Win 10 Anniversary.

I even made an RMA thinking that the touchpad what faulty, but the new laptop had the same touchpad problem as the first, so I did note that an incompatibility between the Asus Precision Touchpad and Windows 10 build 1607 is the source of the issue.

I simply can't use the multitouch gestures on the touchpad when windows starts or resume from sleep. I have to, each windows session, manually reinstall the driver in the device manager to get it full fonctional.
    So I reverted the update to the 1511 build.

Please make us that thing fixed.
    Last edited by Aghoithae; 10-20-2016 at 05:16 PM.

New ROGer Array

I found another source that identified the trackpad as an ELAN 1203: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ad-issue/page3

Quote Originally Posted by Aghoithae View Post
    I did note that an incompatibility between the Asus Precision Touchpad and Windows 10 build 1607 is the source of the issue.
    Aghoithae do you have a link to share that would show more detail or a statement from Microsoft or ASUS?

I've also tried various things but no luck:

Aghoithae, you said you “reverted the update to the 1511 build.” Do you know of a way to do this if I don't have an ISO of the 1511 build? I bought the laptop with the latest build installed so I can't use the normal roll back method.

Cheers,
    Morg

ROG Member Array

Same problem here. I have a G701VI which also has an Elan touchpad.

Disabling Windows fast start-up makes gestures work after shutdown. But touchpad gestures are always gone when waking up from sleep. A reboot is the only way (that I know of) to restore them.

Maybe this is a Windows feature

ROG Enthusiast Array

Same problem here. Sleep or hibernate will break the touch pad driver.
    Tried various version myself and nothing fixes this, and its not because of Windows, I have 2 more laptops with 1607 and both touchpads work well after sleep ( other brands , older Elan touchpads )
    The G752VS has Elantech 1203 which I believe is not yet supported by the driver ( hope they fix it soon )
    Last edited by BogdanCiulei; 12-29-2016 at 08:37 PM.

ROG Member Array

I can't believe the deafening silence on this issue from ASUS!

There are threads all over this site and indeed all over the Internet - a few claim to have found solutions but it seems that the vast majority are still looking for a solution. I have tried everything that has been suggested without the issue being resolved.

ASUS - in case this is unclear:
    THE MOUSE GESTURES STOP WORKING AFTER THE LAPTOP SLEEPS.

I have wasted 5+ hours trying to fix this without luck. ASUS support regurgitates the same response... Reinstall drivers, which of course most of us had already tried. They listed the drivers and suggested the load order. Followed exact instructions and order but - no go. They suggested a factory reset. Drastic, but I tried it yet still has the same issues after allowing windows to update. No go. The final step they say is to return to the dealer. Like they will have any more luck... I also got one for a friend (same model G752) and the exact problem is there.

For a laptop that costs the price of half a car, the lack of communication and urgency on this issue is astounding.

Have I really made a mistake purchasing an ASUS?

ASUS FIX THIS OR UPDATE THE STATUS OF THIS ISSUE URGENTLY!

Else it's gonna go viral..

ROG Member Array

Please Asus fix this or update the status of this issue urgently!

New ROGer Array

Same issue.

Same problem here... Also numlock is the opposite way around, it will stay on after sleep but needs turning back on after every restart. Bit of a pain when using a pin to unlock.

ROG Member Array

Exact same issue with the Two finger Scroll unavailable after Sleep.
    Every solutions found on internet tested, every one of them failed.

Please Fix this !

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Why're you guys even using 'sleep' for? Just shut down your PC. You've got an SSD, boot times shouldn't be longer than 10 seconds. :f

Sleep isn't really good for your PC anyhow, shutting down keeps your sessions fresh.

Of course this doesn't fix the problem, but I highly suggest getting out of the habit of using Sleep.. Hybernate's a better option if you must suspend your system, but again.. shutdown is more healthy.
    Gosh Blue Lady.. ❤

JOIN THE ASUS T-SHOOT DISCORD <-- Clicky!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast