Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant se Samsung 950 pro i bios?

joenson
Level 7
Hey ROG

1st problem:

I've recently bought a new computer and it has been a struggle from the start, so need help to solve my problems.
The first problem is that my M2 PCIE Samsung 950 PRO is not recognized in bios? (Asus Hero Alpha Z170 motherboard)
I install Windows 10 on it but it does not appear in bios some places besides "windows boot manager - Samsung 950 pro".
What I'm missing is being able to change "m2 / sata express" I have seen many others with 170z motherboard which can also be my own.
I think I've looked in 100 threads around the net to fix it, but have not come forward to something. What I have tried:
The first time I had to install win, I came to do it in legacy mode (was a little too fast: D) ​​was then formatted the disk and installed UEFI / GPT windows (Disable CSM), installed the driver from Samsung but still can not see it in bios?
Have tried different BIOS versions, CLR cmos. Replace disc, but nothing helps. hope you can help - thank you in advance 🙂

https://gyazo.com/1053605524e5e47b45ddbef657780dd2 ---> Here is a picture of what I'm missing. It's like bios do not see my disk as ssd?

2nd. Problem: My sound is very bad cracking sound sometimes when I use the jack green / red on my motherboard.
When I use the full range sound in the front panel, scratchy it all the time and I simply can not use the front panel: S
I have tried all different drivers are and from windows 7, 8.1, 10 nothing has helped, faulty motherboard?
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hi joenson

Welcome to the ROG forum.

After doing a windows UEFI install, "windows boot manager" should be set as boot priority 1.

Are you able to change sata express to M.2?

If you are referring to the ROG front base be sure you have the latest firmware installed.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi joenson

Welcome to the ROG forum.

After doing a windows UEFI install, "windows boot manager" should be set as boot priority 1.

Are you able to change sata express to M.2?

If you are referring to the ROG front base be sure you have the latest firmware installed.

yes "windows boot manager" is set as boot priority 1.

Are you able to change sata express to M.2? The main problem is that i dont have the option in my bios :S the only place i can see my samsung 950 pro is "windows boot manager"

If you are referring to the ROG front base be sure you have the latest firmware installed. --> are u talking about the sound firmware or? 😄

Chino
Level 15
joenson wrote:

2nd. Problem: My sound is very bad cracking sound sometimes when I use the jack green / red on my motherboard.
When I use the full range sound in the front panel, scratchy it all the time and I simply can not use the front panel: S
I have tried all different drivers are and from windows 7, 8.1, 10 nothing has helped, faulty motherboard?

Clear your CMOS. Then do a fresh Windows install and omit installing any drivers, Windows update or programs. See if the cracking sound is still present.

Chino wrote:
Clear your CMOS. Then do a fresh Windows install and omit installing any drivers, Windows update or programs. See if the cracking sound is still present.

I have already tried and the problem is still there: S
front panel audio is unusable because of the noise. the sound directly into the motherboard is okay most of the time, but still scratchy sometimes.

hiong
Level 8
hi joenson, the BIOS page you linked is not the page where you can see your 950 Pro being "connected" or recognised by your BIOS. and do leave the setting as "SATA Express", because your 950 Pro needs your M.2 slot to run in PCIe mode. if you can install Windows onto your 950 Pro, means your 950 Pro is a recognised hardware, so not sure what you are trying to say.

hiong wrote:
hi joenson, the BIOS page you linked is not the page where you can see your 950 Pro being "connected" or recognised by your BIOS. and do leave the setting as "SATA Express", because your 950 Pro needs your M.2 slot to run in PCIe mode. if you can install Windows onto your 950 Pro, means your 950 Pro is a recognised hardware, so not sure what you are trying to say.

think we misunderstand each other 🙂 problem is that I do not have the option in BIOS and can not switch from m2 / sata express. the picture is taken from the Internet, it's not my bios.

joenson wrote:
think we misunderstand each other 🙂 problem is that I do not have the option in BIOS and can not switch from m2 / sata express. the picture is taken from the Internet, it's not my bios.

according to the screenshot in your manual, on page 3-34, it too doesn't show such an option, but the option is listed in text on the same page. there is no need for you to change this option even if it was available, you need your M.2 slot to run in PCIe mode, as your 950 Pro can only run in PCIe mode.

Nate152
Here is the support page for the ROG front base.

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/47/0/3/mCrQPmZZmoClIObG/30/

If you see windows boot manager as boot priority 1 then windows was installed in UEFI mode, check to see the M.2 slot is running at x4.

Nate152 wrote:
Here is the support page for the ROG front base.

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/47/0/3/mCrQPmZZmoClIObG/30/

If you see windows boot manager as boot priority 1 then windows was installed in UEFI mode, check to see the M.2 slot is running at x4.

I do not use "Asus front base" because it is not something that came with my motherboard or bought separately. I use the front audio output on my "Fractal Design S" case. I do not have this option in the bios: check to see the M.2 slot is running at x4.???