Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    If the card was RMA'd, then it should have been tested to be okay.

Even with 0dB Fan feature off, the fans are either off or at max speed?
    At what temp do the fans kick in, and are all three fans spinning?
    Does the fan speed indicate 0 rpm even when 3 fans are spinning?
    Are you running the latest version of GPU Tweak II (1.5.9.1)? Tried default settings?
    https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPU...Desk_Download/
    Is the fan speed showing up correctly in GPU Tweak II?
    Yes, as soon as I turn the 0dB Fan to "off" the fans kick in into a very loud state, although the fan monitor reads 0rpm. Only 2 of the fans are spinning, the one closest to the power plug is not spinning at all.

The temp was at 37c, but the moment I turned to 0dB to "off" the started spinning. I just used the newst version that you linked me too. I tried GPU-Z and that reads "Fan speed (rpm): 0" but it also says, right above that "Fan speed (%): 38"

Both programs display a constant, stable temp of 32c.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

At that temp, fans shouldn't be spinning at max speed while one sits idle. All fans should be around the same speed. Something may be wrong with the control line, best to send it in for RMA again. Sorry about that, should have been fixed the first time.

New ROGer Array

It's definitely a defect of some sort, upon further inspection only 2 of the fans are spinning, one of them is completely idle.

I also tried 4 other cards I had lying around, a GT 1030, a GTS 250, a GTX 980 and a GTX 470 and none of them have any problems with their fans.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

It's probably best to send your card back for RMA. Note that the minimum temp to enable the fans varies slightly for each fan, make sure to get the temp up to 65 degrees when you want to verify that all fans are working.

New ROGer Array

Did anyone every find a resolution to this? Seems the latest firmware even made it worse.

New ROGer Array

Unhappy Same Problem

Hi, i'm having the same problem, only when the GPU reaches 57-58ºC under load the fans spins so high i can here it across the room, 2 of the 3 fans spins, 1 at the middle is standing still. HWmonitor show fans at 35% but i think thats not accurate, the fans spins too fast and too noisy for 35%. I already uninstalled gpu tweak II, aura rgb light, used DDU and installed drivers again, and again with the Asus Drivers from their website, clean windows install, used msi afterburner. I have this GPU since middle 2017 and it started doing this 2 days ago.
    My specs:

MB: Z170 Gaming Pro
    CPU: i5 6600
    Ram: 8Gb x 2 G.Skill ripjaws V 2333
    PSU: Corsair TX 750W
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1070 OC (samsung chip)

EDIT:
    I may have found the solution for me, it needs to downgrade the OC version to the non-OC version.
    Not a very performance solution because you gave your money to buy a OC version for you to downgrade it later.
    I'll see with Asus what they can do for my card.

Here's the video i found on youtube (sorry if i'm not allowed to post links yet):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3d9x6ws-c
    Last edited by Ifreet; 12-28-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15