cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E d6 Error, no signal, probably killed the bios with newest update

Snuke1306
Level 7
Hi,

I saw that there are many similar threads and I read through all of them, but couldn't find a solution to my problem. I hope I can still salvage the board but my hopes aren't very high.

I got the older U/3.1 Version, which I had running for 1 1/2 years without any problems. I recently built in a new MSI GTX 1080 and added water cooling to the whol rig. The case is new but running the same old Seasonic P-1000 PSU.

I had everything up and running and had no major issues, except some pixelated videos, which I blame on a the latest Nvidia Drivers, but no biggie. Played games for two days straight witought any issues. Then, I decided to update the Bios with the latest available update, for some unknown reasons. Everything went smoothly and Win10 started up normally. However, the first time I started up after this, nothing happened anymore....

My screens aren't getting any signal but everything else seems to be running fine. I get the d6 error and the VGA led is on. I checked hardware and cables several time, tried a different gpu and also refitted the ram. I therefore don't believe it's a hardware issue. I then tried to flashback the Bios, using a USB stick and the 2101 Bios Version but it didn't help. I tried it out on both Bios Settings, several times. I also tried some of the Buttons, like safeboot etc. I then removed the battery from the board and tried it again. I also tried to Flash again but it seems, that this functionality has stopped working aswell. The light on the button won't start blinking anymore, suggesting, that flashing via USB stick doesn't work anymore.

I think I did everything correctly, formatting the stick, nothing else on it, no partitions, renaming file to R5E.cap. I would try out another Bios Version, but since flashing doesn't seem to work anymore, I'm lost even more. Sorry for this Long, badly written post. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😞

Best regards,
Etienne
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
Try a different PCIe slot for the GPU. Wondering if fitting a new card with water cooling caused an issue for the PCIe slot.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try a different PCIe slot for the GPU. Wondering if fitting a new card with water cooling caused an issue for the PCIe slot.

Dear Raja,

Sorry, didn't mention it, I tried this aswell. Also the watercooled GPU did run before the bios update and the other GPU I tested was air cooled. So, no luck.

Cheers
Etienne

Raja
Level 13
Have you tried the other BIOS chip?

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Have you tried the other BIOS chip?

Yes on both, normal boot, safe boot, tried to flash on both ...

Honami
Level 7
I had the same issue with my mobo.
IDK if it will help but try diffrent cable. It helped me with this issue.