Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    My benchmark has been running for 2 hours and the battery is still charging, not draining.

    Someone on youtube pointed out that maybe there was a defect in earlier power controllers in the laptop itself. And maybe the issue is solved.

    My serial number is in the P650,000 - P700,000 range. Could anyone who actually has the drain issue update us with their serial number. It might offer a clue.

  2. #22
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Sorry for the triple posting but I've finished my benchmark.

    Adrenaline Crysis 2 Benchmark Tool Ran for 4 hours. Laptop started at 10% battery. After 4 hours of continual stress test the battery was charged up to 60%.

    CPU and GPU hovered between 75 - 85 C
    GSYNC on @ 60 FPS sustained
    Brightness 100%
    Wifi on
    Game loaded from spinning disk

    Unless someone can give me a good reason to try a different benchmark, this shows that the battery drain issue isn't happening on these systems as of at least the P650000+ serial number.

  3. #23
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Personally, I don't mind the 180W adapter since this laptop is meant to be portable and the 180W adapter is much lighter.*
    However, I think Asus might have made a mistake.
    According to Notebookcheck, among the laptops they have tested with 6700HQ and 1070, the average power consumption on Load is ~100W and reaches a maximum of 200-220W.
    *The TDP of 1070 (laptop) is about 125W while the CPU is 45W so it really doesn't leave much headroom with a 180W, specially if you're pushing it.

    On the side note, you should also benchmark the laptop while it's charging. I've heard that results in a performance drop.*

  4. #24
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    If anyone can recommend a benchmark that I can run continually I will put it to the test. Crysis was the only one I could run on a loop. 3dMark only lets you run on an infinite loop if you have a professional license which is $900

    Crysis 2 bench has an avg cpu usage of 50% so that might not be enough to draw the wattage you're speaking of.

    However this probably means most games wouldn't have a problem, only ones where your CPU and GPU are completely pegged.

  5. #25
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by daggasoft View Post
    If anyone can recommend a benchmark that I can run continually I will put it to the test. Crysis was the only one I could run on a loop. 3dMark only lets you run on an infinite loop if you have a professional license which is $900

    Crysis 2 bench has an avg cpu usage of 50% so that might not be enough to draw the wattage you're speaking of.

    However this probably means most games wouldn't have a problem, only ones where your CPU and GPU are completely pegged.
    Use Prime95/OCCT for CPU and Furmark/Unigine for GPU.*
    The second option for both are more alike to real gaming scenarios while the first is to test the temps and power consumption.*
    Keep an eye out for the temps!*

  6. #26
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    24

    Prentiss 00

    OK cool i did use Furmark as well with no issues.

  7. #27
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    It is not fair that GL502VS with i7-6700HQ have power brick 180W what is insufficient because the same laptop with i7-7700HQ which suppose to be more power efficient have 230W power brick, in my opinion that is admission of mistake by Asus.

  8. #28
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    Quote Originally Posted by buth11 View Post
    It is not fair that GL502VS with i7-6700HQ have power brick 180W what is insufficient because the same laptop with i7-7700HQ which suppose to be more power efficient have 230W power brick, in my opinion that is admission of mistake by Asus.
    I have got the same problem with my rig.
    I have the option to return it, do you guys think that I should do it ?

  9. #29
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    39

    Same thing for me. Its not the screen or keyboard backlight. I'm plugged in and downloading overnight, battery drop about 10%

  10. #30
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by nytwolf45 View Post
    Same thing for me. Its not the screen or keyboard backlight. I'm plugged in and downloading overnight, battery drop about 10%
    If your battery drop under 90% then is an issue, but if only to 90% that is normal because when battery have from 90% to 100% laptop use only a/c power and buttery is not charging.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •