cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GL502 touchpad not working

BlackLotus
Level 7
I've had this for a few months now and the touchpad worked perfectly fine until today. It does not even show up in device manager and I have uninstalled asus PTP in order to try and reinstall it however I keep getting the "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor" error. Can someone help me fix my touchpad? Thanks!

Edit* I found the I2C HID device in device manager and there seems to be an error with it.
Also if I tried to repair the ptp in control panel it would say "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected"
3 REPLIES 3

lijuncheng
Level 7
try to reinstall ATP Package and Asus Smartgesture

Hi,

i have same issue since last month. i already search in google and try to reinstall ATK, Touchpad drivers and Smart Gestures. but same issue happend to me and cannot resolve.

does anyone have solution on this issue??

Thanks,

I had the same problem and I downloaded the new ATK package. Then don't restart. Shut down first then start the laptop again. For some reasons restart didn't work for me. Hope this help.