cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VL-BHI7N32: The Hunt For Much Needed Win7 Drivers

adrian2055
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I have an ASUS ROG G752VL-BHI7N32 laptop that came with windows 10 home 64-bit. After downgrading to windows 7 pro 64-bit I can't seem to get my touch pad to work. I can't find the driver for it. Can someone tell me where I can find the proper driver for this?
10 REPLIES 10

Clintlgm
Level 14
You'll have to got to the manufactures site and hope they still have some windows 7 drivers. Asus is not going to post anything less than windows 10. Use hwinfo64 and see what the manufacture and model is.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
You'll have to got to the manufactures site and hope they still have some windows 7 drivers. Asus is not going to post anything less than windows 10. Use hwinfo64 and see what the manufacture and model is.

I know it's a elan multi-touch device. I couldn't find a driver after going through over 30 so I had to go back to windows 10.

If you want the sound from the speakers to be louder with a better Realtek Audio Manager running Windows 10, visit the link below.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88294-G752VL-Audio-Low-output-solved-with-new-drivers

Sorry to re-hash this thread after such a long time, but I still need a win 7 driver for this laptop and I didn't want to start a new topic. I have downloaded so many drivers since this post it's unreal and none of them have worked. I did find a version of ASUS Smart Guesture to work, but not the touchpad driver (MOST important), ASUS ROG MacroKey and ASUS Wireless Radio Control. Can someone help me out?

Why put yourself through all this hassle trying to get this ancient OS to work on the modern notebook? If you want the desktop and feel of windows 7 simple install Classic Shell, set it up to act and look like windows 7, most programs that ran in win 7 will run in Win 10 there are multiple choices to install in compatibly mode. Honestly on 2 Desktops and 1 notebook I have only found 1 device that I can not get to work on my new G752VY that is my old portable scanner the old paper port version I can't get this scanner to work!! that's it though. my G75VW I have kept on win 8.1 pro I know its a ***** to get win 10 to run and even then not everything will work. So I just keep it on 8.1. I have Classic Shell on all of these computer If you watched me all day you would have to be really paying attention to every thing to realize I was running 8.1 or 10
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

I have upgraded my G74SX to windows 10 and I don't see any issues. I can still play my old games in it.

Clintlgm wrote:
Why put yourself through all this hassle trying to get this ancient OS to work on the modern notebook? If you want the desktop and feel of windows 7 simple install Classic Shell, set it up to act and look like windows 7, most programs that ran in win 7 will run in Win 10 there are multiple choices to install in compatibly mode. Honestly on 2 Desktops and 1 notebook I have only found 1 device that I can not get to work on my new G752VY that is my old portable scanner the old paper port version I can't get this scanner to work!! that's it though. my G75VW I have kept on win 8.1 pro I know its a ***** to get win 10 to run and even then not everything will work. So I just keep it on 8.1. I have Classic Shell on all of these computer If you watched me all day you would have to be really paying attention to every thing to realize I was running 8.1 or 10

Never heard of that. I will try it. I need my touchpad.

CladMaster wrote:
If you want the sound from the speakers to be louder with a better Realtek Audio Manager running Windows 10, visit the link below.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88294-G752VL-Audio-Low-output-solved-with-new-drivers

Thank you for this. I will check it out

JustinThyme
Level 13
You cant find win 7 drivers because the laptop was developed after win 7 was obsolete. Manufactuers dont deveolp drivers for old OS's only update when needed if the OS that came on it is obsolete. Cant find drivers for windows 3.1 either.
Why do you not run what came on it out of the box, win 10.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein