Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Qwinn PC Specs
    Qwinn PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme - BIOS 3301
    Processor5930K @ 4.4 GHz Adaptive 1.27v / 4.2 Ghz cache Offset +0.27v / Input 1.92v / LLC7
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 32gb DDR4-2666Mhz 15-15-15-35-CR2 1.2v at XMP settings
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti OC to 1455Mhz Core 8000Mhz memory at Stock Voltage
    Graphics Card #2Gigabyte Gaming G1 980Ti SLI
    MonitorROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
    Storage #2Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360" rad AIO)
    CaseThermalTake v71 Full Tower
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Saitek Eclipse II
    Mouse Razer A5090 Master of Destiny
    OS Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Build 10586

Here's my take:

Best performance is probably going to be with 3402. Every 3xxx BIOS showed a marked improvement over the previous BIOS with memory performance. If you don't experience stability problems with it - and it has been perfectly stable for me - then I would definitely go with it. If you do have problems, i recommend the following attempts to resolve them:

1) Try reflashing 3402 over itself.
    2) Run memory at XMP, don't run it on defaults or overclock beyond XMP. The innate memory improvement in 3402 is better than I was able to get with maximum memory overclocking on 2101.
    3) Disable all sleep and hibernation, especially Windows "Fast Startup". Personally I think this is good advice even without stability issues.
    4) In terms of BIOS settings, here's a few settings that differ from the defaults that helped me improve stability:

A) Internal PLL Overvoltage Disabled, whether overclocked or not. When I left this enabled back in the day, even pre 2101, I also got restarts. Apparently something odd having to do with memory issues (only with some brands of memory) when waking the monitor from sleep. No disadvantages to disabling it that I can see.
    B) CPU and DRAM Power Phase Controls to Optimized.
    C) CPU current capability to 120% if you're not heavily overclocking, 140% if you are.
    D) CPU Intergrated Fault Management - Disable if overclocking.
    E) CPU and DRAM SVID - Disable if overclocking.
    F) Fast Boot: try testing boot speed with it both enabled and disabled. If it makes no difference (it doesn't for me), disable it.
    G) For the love of God, never ever enable EPU Power Saving Mode.

If you still can't get stable, then 2101.
    Last edited by Qwinn; 12-12-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2