cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 1................ Much more than just another title for Dice/EA franchise

Henkenator68NL
Level 13
BRAND NEW BATTLEFIELD 1 - Nothing new under the sun? Battlefield 1 not just another edition of the successful FPS games under the title Battlefield ...

Battlefield 1 is made so incredibly beautiful, the game engine conjures almost lifelike characters. That placed next to the faithful detailing of the world and in history copied battle sites does play like a movie splashing on your screen.

is spoken frequently about violence glorification when it comes to shooters, but the OPPOSITE is shown by a game like Battlefield 1, WHICH SHOWS THE rotten history of mankind. Nice is in the single player mode the story of many SOLDIERS ARE told, who where bluntly unleashed on the battlefield.

The phrase: "You are not expected to survive," indicates something of the mindset of the men against everything still went into full battle. Many died in the dirty war, this aspect brings Battlefield1 very good forwards: every time your character "dies", the name of a fallen soldier displays with old when he was born, and when he died. A silent memorial to those who gave their lives for a better world.

Hard to believe? ?

Consider the impression that I made of the single player campaign

12 REPLIES 12

Skynet_Gearhead
Level 7
Finally, Battlefield has been squeezing the love out of me for years, I loved Bad Company 2, enjoyed bf3, disliked hardline, enjoyed the little bit of bf4 I played until the game was overrun with Hackers due to the game being free 7 day trial <<< Nightmare.

Battlefield 1, wow, it is absolutely amazing in my opinion. I never thought i'd enjoy a bf game as I did years ago anymore, but this blows me away.
Love it, I have never bothered with Single player in BF games but I am going to with this one as I heard it's good.

TBH, I'm thrilled about the concept but I find it hard to be really interested in it since this is a remake. Maybe this was the same case as Hitman Contracts few years back (but remaking doesn't happen very often, does it?) - tried to enjoy it, but failed to and I'd be more thrilled about a brand-new brand new game.
Sorry 😞

Battlefield 1 has an excellent campaign mode, yes. The graphics are great and it does capture the disgusting acts us humans are capable of. The only problem is, the story line is linear. You are supposed to die in certain spots, as part of the story. This means no matter how well you play, your destiny to be killed, seemingly by chance, is guaranteed. This takes away any meaning behind your efforts, I felt as though I might as well have just watched a per-rendered battle and pretended to be playing, like a 3 year old pretends to play with the controller on a console while watching a video and really believes he/she is playing the game. They did the same with FIFA 17. I hadn't played FIFA for a while because all it seemed like they were doing is updating the team details for every release without improving anything. I thought the switch to Frostbite would be an improvement and the "Journey" mode would be great. But yet again, the story is more or less forced. No matter how bad you make your childhood friend (forgot the character name) play, scoring own goals, getting carded, passing directly to the opposition for them to score... He will always be picked to be on the starting team and you will always hear that the manager feels you aren't ready. I suppose there is a little bit of a branch if you genuinely play badly with Alex Hunter... you will be sent out on loan to another team much quicker. FIFA 17 does have vastly improved graphics thanks to the Frostbite engine though. It'll run at 4k, all settings at maximum (and even forced, much higher settings via your card's control panel) even on a bargain bin gtx 970. The players are visibly more lifelike and the pre-animated cut scenes, rendered on your card, look great. But playing through the "Journey" 1 time is enough to experience everything the story has to offer.

I was tempted by this, but having to set up an Origins account put me off...

It's a shame its not on Steam!
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block

azumi123 wrote:
Battlefield 1 has an excellent campaign mode, yes. The graphics are great and it does capture the disgusting acts us humans are capable of. The only problem is, the story line is linear. You are supposed to die in certain spots, as part of the story. This means no matter how well you play, your destiny to be killed, seemingly by chance, is guaranteed. This takes away any meaning behind your efforts, I felt as though I might as well have just watched a per-rendered battle and pretended to be playing, like a 3 year old pretends to play with the controller on a console while watching a video and really believes he/she is playing the game. .

Did you play the whole campaign or just the intro levels? (not hating on you, I just know there was a trial that you could play the intro level and first chapter.)

also I think thats what they were going for during that intro level....you think at first you can just win and go to the next checkpoint...but after a while you realized all your efforts are wasted as you just die because you were over run or blown up.

FYI heres the short version of the below paragraph for those lazy people.
Great game, intro I thought was the best BF to date and based on the trial I played its probably the best single player. It's telling you a story of war and allowing you to interact. I feel like they could have just made a full feature film with the stories in this game.

I played the intro level and first story as allowed by the EA access trial. My opinion would be that the intro was written extremely well. I have never once felt like a tutorial was part of the games story and feel. With BF1 they bring you into the introduction where normally you would have only a video intro and then a tutorial level where its like...Go to here and shoot the fake target. ok go here and grab a grenade...And yes I get the linear feel with it but it was a little different than the main campaign mission I played. The intro/tutorial level in BF1 is made to be just that, you learn a skill and survive as long as possible using the skill they showed you...or not..its your choice. I personally survived until I ran out of ammo and had to charge the enemy stabbing them with my knife and taking their weapons until I was finally gunned down to realize that there was no survival in this part of the game (or real life) which added to the effect that they were going for I think. You will die. at first you might think hey I'll just kill all these guys and progress to the next checkpoint. then you get killed and start the next part and you realize after a few of these...there is no survival, only death. until the end of the intro where two soldiers face eachother and decide not to kill one another.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Upgrading my rig slowly, not able to run BF1 yet but looking forward. I've seen it, played it with friends. Can't wait to be able to play it on my machine soon 🙂

Crashcourse316
Level 9
leefuji wrote:
Upgrading my rig slowly, not able to run BF1 yet but looking forward. I've seen it, played it with friends. Can't wait to be able to play it on my machine soon 🙂

May I direct you to budget Item #1

ultra settings at 1080p = 48fps
high settings around 60fps

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500412&cm_re=1050-_-14-500-412-_-Product
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

The OP got me sold on the Battlefield 1 single player idea at first but watching TotalBiscuit full review is what put me off. Honestly glad I watched the review first. In my opinion beautiful graphics might be the only thing that this game's got going on.

Sharing the same mindset with TotalBiscuit guy.

Battlefield 3 was such a letdown... i can't get excited about any title from them. Cookie-cutter FPS game. So dull. How about some original gameplay thanks?