cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G20 fans extremely loud?

w0rm
Level 7
I've had my pc for nearly 3/4 of the year, and I've been enjoying it plenty. I've been noticing in games like batman arkham origins and games like borderlands 2 or gmod that the fans get extremely loud to the point where I start to get annoyed with headphones/speakers on. Is this normal or is it a defect?
2 REPLIES 2

biobg
Level 7
Hi,

First of all you are talking about which fans exactly ? There are 3 in total (1 for CPU 1 for Chassis and one on your graphics card) If you are having an reference GTX 9 series
those can get really loud during a good load. Install a monitoring program and follow the fans in order to isolate those that are running high RPM. You can also check your graphics card temperatures and Fan curve
using EVGA Precision X 16 programme sometimes those cards come with a really agressive fan curve (basically your fans kick in aggressively even in low temps so when you game and reach 75-80 C temp on GPU your fans boost to 100% which is damn loud)
So if your card is not getting hot you can make a custom fan curve that will allow quieter machine. If ur card is getting too hot your problems do not end there and might need some diagnostics. Same is for CPU.
Cheers

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
yeah depends which fans are going heavy, some games may demand more from your cpu or gpu, so their will speed up due to the temps.
you will need to have a second monitor and check which is using the most and Manuel change the speed of the fans and keep them at a constant speed
all you need to do then is check the temps and if all is ok then carry on gaming

Welsh Gaming