CPU CoolerID Cooling Frostflow 240L
    CaseCooler Master
    Power SupplyThermaltake Smart DPS 750W
    Keyboard CoolerMaster Masterkeys M Pro White
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Thonet and Vander GRUB 2.1 Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Quote Originally Posted by xkm121 View Post
    I seriously doubt ASUS would cover my CPU. It took them a month, after multiple complaints and BBB dispute to even get a replacement motherboard. It is going to take a miracle for ASUS to pay for a 6950X
    I've seen stranger things happen. Since they acknowledge their motherboards issues, and seeing that this is far from an isolated incident, I'd try pressuring them. But I'd try both with Intel if it's still in the warranty period, and with Asus. Put your case up on social networks - especially on Asus' pages will get their attention fast.

ROG Enthusiast Array xkm121 PC Specs
    xkm121 PC Specs
    MotherboardSabertooth X99
    Processor5820K
    Memory (part number)ADATA 32GB DDR4-2800
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 FuryX

Quote Originally Posted by mulderfox View Post
    I've seen stranger things happen. Since they acknowledge their motherboards issues, and seeing that this is far from an isolated incident, I'd try pressuring them. But I'd try both with Intel if it's still in the warranty period, and with Asus. Put your case up on social networks - especially on Asus' pages will get their attention fast.

I have emailed 3 different admins over here that work for ASUS. One guy responded and help me get a replacement board. But that guy, Bahz, stated he was about to leave ASUS. The other 2 ASUS guys just radio silence.

As my for CPU, it is 2nd hand. Intel has, well very politely told me that they would not cover it. So there you go. ****ty ASUS customer service who even tried to refuse their own product RMA. Intel tells me to **** off for a used CPU. All of a sudden I lost ~$1300 worth of hardwares.*

Here is my Realbench leaderboard score right when I received the 6950X

https://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_...t.php?id=20359

Is ASUS gonna honor their problem and get me a replacement 6950X? Not EVER gonna happen*

ROG Enthusiast Array mulderfox PC Specs
    mulderfox PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GP62MVR 7RF
    MotherboardAsus Strix x99 Gaming
    ProcessorIntel i7-6850k
    Memory (part number)BLS2K8G4D240FSE
    Graphics Card #1Palit GTX1080 Super Jetstream
    MonitorDell 27" S2716DG
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD
    Storage #2HGST 10TB HDD, Toshiba 5TB HDD
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

I seriously doubt ASUS would cover my CPU. It took them a month, after multiple complaints and BBB dispute to even get a replacement motherboard. It is going to take a miracle for ASUS to pay for a 6950X
    It won't cost you a dime to ask them on their facebook page. Preferably in a post so they can't ignore you. Where are you located? Make sure that your post is direct and includes all the details you can give. Might not want to mention the CPU is 2nd hand though.

xkm121 PC Specs
    Processor5820K

Quote Originally Posted by mulderfox View Post
    It won't cost you a dime to ask them on their facebook page. Preferably in a post so they can't ignore you. Where are you located? Make sure that your post is direct and includes all the details you can give. Might not want to mention the CPU is 2nd hand though.

Tried that. My comments got deleted about 2 minutes afterward. ASUS seems to regulate pretty heavily on their FB posts. *

mulderfox PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-6850k
    MonitorDell 27" S2716DG
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Tried that. My comments got deleted about 2 minutes afterward. ASUS seems to regulate pretty heavily on their FB posts. *
    Where are you located in the world? I have a contact but its in the Singapore region

xkm121 PC Specs
    Processor5820K

In US. And ASUS US doesn't give a rat ass about dead motherboard or fried CPUs. As soon as ASUS get your money after purchase that is over. Their tech support online chatting only exist to infuriate you. And ASUS would try anything to avoid RMA

mulderfox PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-6850k
    MonitorDell 27" S2716DG
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

In US. And ASUS US doesn't give a rat ass about dead motherboard or fried CPUs. As soon as ASUS get your money after purchase that is over. Their tech support online chatting only exist to infuriate you. And ASUS would try anything to avoid RMA
    Try this guy. But be sure to include all the details and any case number that you have:
    cl-nestor@asus.com

Let me know if it helps.

New ROGer Array

I have an Asus Rampage V Edition 10 and a 6900K CPU.

Last week PC turned off while gaming and never came back alive. QCODE 00 and CPU error LED is on.

I swapped the motherboard for a new one, same result Seems that my cpu is dead.

Waiting on Intel RMA.

mulderfox PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7-6850k
    MonitorDell 27" S2716DG
    CaseCooler Master
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EquiFox17 View Post
    I have an Asus Rampage V Edition 10 and a 6900K CPU.

Last week PC turned off while gaming and never came back alive. QCODE 00 and CPU error LED is on.

I swapped the motherboard for a new one, same result Seems that my cpu is dead.

Waiting on Intel RMA.
    I share your pain..
    A few things to consider: X99-a and x99 deluxe/II should be more stable, and using a UPS and latest BIOS should also help in the future (I suspect these boards power regulation is not up to par, and a UPS that "cleans" the sinus signal helps reduce issues).
    I've been using my new board for a while now (same model) and so far, the only things I encountered are code 40 (meaning that the RAM timings may be off - possibly because I use two kits instead of one), and that sometimes after reboot it gives an "overclocking failed" message - cleared easily by going into the bios and saving settings.
    It may still be an issue - but I'll take that any day over a burnt motherboard+CPU. I'm not sure my next board will be ASUS though

New ROGer Array

Hi all, this thread was helpful to me, so i thought i'd sign up to share my story

I don't have a strix motherboard, but i do have an Asus x99-A, (as well as an i7-5820K, 32gb G.Skill RAM, eVGA 850W SuperNova PSU). A few weeks ago, i woke up to my PC being off, and after turning it on, found that it would just constantly reboot over and over, briefly showing the 00 code before it reboot again...

I ended up taking the CPU back to be RMA'd, and after getting it back, put it in the board, and everything booted fine...

However, 2 days later, i turned it on and it rebooted straight away, but rather than cycling like it did before, it started back up and stayed on, with the 00 code and CPU fan not spinning... I did a hard reset, and it booted fine, but now i'm reluctant to turn it off at all.

From this thread, and googling other places, it seems like a lot of people having this same issue with all types of Asus X99 boards killing their CPU's, but not enough people are having the problem to warrant any kind of response from Asus.. It makes me wonder if it's only happening in a very specific configuration or something, but either way i think i will be buying a different brand board before my CPU gets fried again...

I should also say that i'm not overclocking, and my BIOS is up to date as i flashed it while i was waiting for my CPU to return, although initially when the problem happened the first time, i was running a BIOS that was probably 2 versions old...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast