Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
    where can i buy a brand new touch pad. ?
    Hi lightfoot,

have you tried to look at http://www.asusparts.eu ?

http://www.asusparts.eu/en/Asus-04G110009100

ROG Member Array

thanks Lezz,
    i will take a look at those
    have you fixed your touch pad to your satisfaction ? if so, what did you do?

New ROGer Array

Look guys I had the same problem with my touch pad for months not working right so I took it to a PC shop and had them remove the thin tin foil looking tape inside under the touch pad for $31 and I swear this pad works better than when I first got it. Its been over a month with not a slight issue. TRUST ME IT WORKS!! G73JH LAPTOP.

New ROGer Array

I had the same problem with my G73jh for months. I finally took it to a PC shop and had the remove the tin foil looking tape under the touch pad for $31. When i brought it home pad works like better than new!!! Tech said that tape is not allowing the fingers to register movement correctly. Take it out and all your problems will be gone!!!!

ROG Member Array

Ryuuoh, you say you reused the foil ? for what ? i thought the idea was the remove the foil and tape all together and leave one piece of tape there for a ground (or not ground, i have heard both ways people tried with or with out tape?) but did you reuse the foil for a purpose ?

Quote Originally Posted by ryuuoh View Post
    It's been two days of regular use, and the trackpad performs perfectly. I reused all the foils and tapes, and I'm confident I did a better job of it than the factory did. Clearly, this issue is a quality control problem.
    Good luck to all who go this route. It's not very hard to get to the trackpad, just take your time and remember where the short screws go. Once you get the old trackpad started, pry slowly and steadily, supporting the palm rest so as not to crack it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

thanks Lezz,
    have you fixed your touch pad to your satisfaction ? if so, what did you do?
    Hi,
    I'm sorry for the delay....

I've changed my touchpad in 2011. Bought it on http://www.asusparts.eu and installed myself. I've removed the aluminum foil.

This fixed SOME bugs....On the whole, tochpad acts normally for now, but there's still one glitch:

The whole story:

Time to time (Most often once per ~20 hours of use, but sometimes two times per hour) the following happens for no reason:
    * Double tap on touchpad moves cursor to upper-right corner of the screen
    * Synaptics "momentum" driver feature gets disabled
    * Whell-gesture-scrolling gets disabled (as well as any other scrolling)
    * disabling and re-enabling touchpad in driver properties fixes nothing
    * re-starting synaptics processes fixes nothing
    * Sleep -> restore fixes everything.

possible reasons

I didn't managed to find the cause of this behavior....There are a lot more or less feasible options:

* Bad driver
    - I've tried 7+ driver versions, and bug still exists. Maybe it occurs a bit less often on latests drivers

* Hardware problem with touchpad itself
    - But this bug occurred on both touchpads I've used.

* Some touchpad-related controller hangs
    - But why noone else have something like this?

* Static electricity
    - But there's no strong correlation with anything associated with static electricity. Bug occurs randomly.

* Bad power supply.
    - I've changed 3 power supply adapters. The bug was the same for each of them.
    - When I bought this notebook, I was surprised with number of different BSODs:
    + Dead RAM stick (I've changed it) (This is hardly related to touchpad)
    + Overheating (I've changed thermal interfaces) (Not related to touchpad)
    + Something related to CPU power management (I had to disable all power saving features and install ThrottleStop to fix it.
    (And maybe this one indicates that something's wrong with on-motherboard power converters since the beginning)

ROG Member Array

Hi Lezz,
    could the people who write the driver for asus be of any help.
    Isnt it written by synaptics? possibly a contact with them could lead to a solution.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi Lezz,
    could the people who write the driver for asus be of any help.
    Isnt it written by synaptics? possibly a contact with them could lead to a solution.
    I've tried to write them too.. But it's rather hard to make them answer (at least I've failed), and I'm not sure it their fault at all..
    Maybe it's some hardware mistake, introduced by asus.

New ROGer Array

Hello guys, I have an "old" G73JW (Nvidia 460M) that has the same touchpad issues we all know: stops working, erratic mouse movements, etc. I have tried all options suggested since 2011 and never got it to work right. The funny thing is as long as I use the original system image and don't update any driver other than with Asus update utility, the touchpad works just fine. It is only after updating drivers from manufacturer's sites or reinstalling Windows 7 or Windows 8 from scratch that issues appear, no matter what combination of drivers I use.

This makes me believe the problem is a software one. I thought you'll find this interesting, has anyone succeded in using Windows 8 with this laptop?

New ROGer Array

Resolution Updates

I had purchased my ASUS G73JW about 3 years ago (maybe longer) and have experienced all the problems. Missing keystrokes and touchpad control errors. I have a fix that worked for me and i wish to pass on this solution to everyone here in hopes that it works for you as well.

Open up Mouse settings and click the "Device Settings" tab.
    Then click the "Settings" button to open up the Properties for Synaptics Touchpad"

Expand "Pointing" then expand "Sensitivity".
    Click "PalmCheck" and move the slider to the second mark from the right side (right where the red bar starts on the slider)
    Click "Touch Sensitivity" and move the slider to the third mark from the right.
    Click the "Apply" button and close out the settings windows.

This should increase the Palm contact issues surrounding the touch pad (case pressure included) as well as stops the touch pad from losing connectivity when a random light touch causes the pad to register a false finger.

This has worked for me for a few days now with constant 8 hour work days. No problems and i hope this works for those who have this issue as well.

Take care and goodluck ( i still have not relieve my missed key strokes issue.

Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast