Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

the 213 BIOS is the final release, so use that, plus ATK 1.0.0008 is out too. Just waiting for the final piece to come out, the updated Synaptic driver.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just a quick update.
    I installed all the new stuff but had no luck-it was about the worst it has been. So I left bios 213 in, uninstalled all ATI, ATK and synoptics.( uninstalled everything ati). Rebooted to safe mode ran crap cleaner. Rebooted ran registry cleaner. Reinstalled stock ATI V8.683.0.0 from asus site. Reboot-installed ATK 1.0.0001. Reboot-installed synoptics 14.0.10.0. Rebooted and seemed ok then had problems again. Reinstalled synoptics 14.0.10.0 over the top of existing install-still some problems. Set palm check to max and haven't had a problem since. It seems to me that some of the keyboard fixes have been making my touchpad worse. Since I didn't have keyboard problems to start with I decided to go back to ATK 1.0.0001. This seems to be working pretty good just about normal so far going on 3 days. Right now I can't believe its fixed.

ROG Member Array

yeah this is getting very frustrating... ASUS needs to put a disclaimer on their future sales, that you "MUST" use a mouse, if you plan on using the touchpad more than an hour.. I hate using a mouse.. Its a lap top, meant to be in your lap... Now I see why you get the free mouse with your laptop..

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSquishyMan View Post
    Hey I am new to the forums and joined simply to find some fixes to various problems...namely the touchpad issues. I just wanted to find out if there was a final conclusion on how to fix the issues or if asus was planning on releasing something in the future. I see that some people have had some luck with various configs. I was also wondering if the 213 bios was a better option to go with over the 211beta
    Right now I wish I could give you a direct answer to that. I am having good luck with 213. You can read my post above. From what I can tell it depends on what issues you have. If its just touchpad related your situation could be like mine. If you have keyboard issues as well then you will have to use the upcoming release to fix it most likely. I am using 213 but when I installed it originally it seemed like my touchpad was worse-Up until I did the reinstall of original drivers(list above)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by durylmartin View Post
    Just a quick update.
    I installed all the new stuff but had no luck-it was about the worst it has been. So I left bios 213 in, uninstalled all ATI, ATK and synoptics.( uninstalled everything ati). Rebooted to safe mode ran crap cleaner. Rebooted ran registry cleaner. Reinstalled stock ATI V8.683.0.0 from asus site. Reboot-installed ATK 1.0.0001. Reboot-installed synoptics 14.0.10.0. Rebooted and seemed ok then had problems again. Reinstalled synoptics 14.0.10.0 over the top of existing install-still some problems. Set palm check to max and haven't had a problem since. It seems to me that some of the keyboard fixes have been making my touchpad worse. Since I didn't have keyboard problems to start with I decided to go back to ATK 1.0.0001. This seems to be working pretty good just about normal so far going on 3 days. Right now I can't believe its fixed.

durylmartin,

What Keyboard Device Filter are you at...Device Manager.....

squibt

ROG Enthusiast Array

Efflixi
    When is the new synaptics release coming out?!?!?

ROG Enthusiast Array

squibt
    SUP

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by durylmartin View Post
    squibt
    SUP
    Same old....d,

Gonna change my drivers to what you have installed...

<Reinstalled stock ATI V8.683.0.0 from asus site. Reboot-installed ATK 1.0.0001. Reboot-installed synoptics 14.0.10.0. Rebooted and seemed ok then had problems again. Reinstalled synoptics 14.0.10.0 over the top of existing install-still some problems. Set palm check to max and haven't had a problem since. It seems to me that some of the keyboard fixes have been making my touchpad worse. Since I didn't have keyboard problems to start with I decided to go back to ATK 1.0.0001. This seems to be working pretty good just about normal so far going on 3 days. Right now I can't believe its fixed.>

Are you still good? Seems you may be right about the fixes...things are always ok for a bit then back to the same old...

I have tried every combo new and old and still have issues. I'm also using ATK 1.0.0008.

I don't remember having such TP issues when I first bought the unit...maybe the driver updates are all messed up. I have a good mind to do a factory restore to see if I am right.

Later...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yes-mine is still pretty good. Also agree when I first got it the touchpad seemed to have less issues. I uninstalled everything and cleaned good using the crap cleaner then tune up utilities registry cleaner. I purposely didn't use the atk version V1.0.0005 because it was a later release I believe for keyboard issues. I think the order is important-ati-atk-synoptics. I didn't do anything to the vbios-it is still stock. I never had any video or keyboard issues. I am currently very happy with my lappy agian. Hope that you can get the same results I did. Next I want one of those 120hz screens-I hear they're awesome.

Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast