Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    prakash
    Hi guys,

I'm facing the same problem with the touchpad on my g73jh as well. I'm using a USB wireless mouse everytime the touchpad acts up. I will try disabling the horizontal scroll bar zone and see if it helps. That zone appears to be all over the touchpad and i can't get the pointer to move! will let you know how it goes.

prakash
    Also, how different are these drivers compared to the asus live update ones? Will I be rolling back?

TeamROG Notebook Member Array Chastity@ASUS's Avatar

Let's wait for the upcoming final release first, and then see what will be included.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

CChambers
    Just came by to post my frustration with this touchpad some more... It seems like a mechanical issue now more than software. I don't see why touching the palm-rest to the left of the trackpad activates it? Every time I go to scroll I freakin shrink the page until I can't read it, and have to zoom in again. rawr.

Go into the Synaptics settings, reset to defaults, and then adjust the palmrest sensitivity filter up to near max.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

ROG Enthusiast Array

In Moodpad It shows scrolling input on the wrong side when it goes crazy

I was using the moodpad idea mentioned earlier in the thread. I realized when my touchpad started acting crazy when I went to moodpad when I scroll It shows it on the opposite side(left side of the mood pad) then after clicking it goes back to the right side.

mastaq1
    Thank god i'm not the only one with this issue. I have a JW so some of these fixes don't completely work for me(haven't tried them). Hopefully this will be resolved soon. My buddy also has a JH with the issue as well. I haven't noticed the keyboard issue though on my JW.

As soon as the JH is verified as fixed, then the fix will trickle into the other models.
    Kicking Ass Since Today

Efflixi

Another angry user

Using the G73Jh... Having the same trackpad problems that we've been seeing here. Quite disappointing seeing as I've had the laptop for less than a week...

The continuing lack of a fix leads me to believe that this could very well be a hardware issue... in which case it needs to be handled appropriately by Asus as soon as possible.

As I write this the problem seems to have ceased. At this time the hard drive has cooled down as I'm not running any graphically demanding programs, which would also point to it being a problem with the hard drive heat as was previously suggested. I hope not.

In all honesty I love the laptop, but this needs to be dealt with ASAP and it doesn't feel like that's what's happening.

Lets see how Asus deals with this.

Edit: Another observation. The time the trackpad began working was right about the time that the laptop became fully charged.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Updated from 209 to 211 Bios Reverted to synoptics 14.0.10.0

The touchpad seems to be a little better but still pretty bad. I'm going to run the autoupdate to ver 15.0.11.0 see if it helps. I haven't ever had keyboard problems or video problems just the touchpad. I need this laptop to work correctly because I'm getting ready to start a big project. I hope we can figure out a way to get it fixed soon. I don't have time for all the RMA stuff.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast