Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Very annoying! Spammers know the mods might not be around on holidays, so they hit hard. This jerk has 19 of the same post in the last half hour or so!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

What a douche-bag!
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

d2tw4all

Craptastic Touchpad

Ok I've read through some of this thread but it's LONG, I see people reporting the EXACT same problem that I'm having, basically the touchpad slowly becomes worse and worse until it's completely unresponsive, yet when you look at the mood app you clearly see that it's registering the touches. I completely flattened my system and it is working better now but I'm sure it will degrade. I see many talking about a physical issue, but to me it doesn't make sense given that a reboot or reload of OS will temporarily resolve the issue. I definitely find that if I use firefox I have major issues. Also I'm noticing since the reformat that youtube videos have horrible hanging. I don't mean to mix issues but the touchpad is the worse one, I'd love to revert back to the image I took of the system before I formatted, but the touchpad is just about useless when using that image. Any software tweaks/fixes or is the only answer rebooting constantly (which isn't really a solution)?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by d2tw4all View Post
    Ok I've read through some of this thread but it's LONG, I see people reporting the EXACT same problem that I'm having, basically the touchpad slowly becomes worse and worse until it's completely unresponsive, yet when you look at the mood app you clearly see that it's registering the touches. I completely flattened my system and it is working better now but I'm sure it will degrade. I see many talking about a physical issue, but to me it doesn't make sense given that a reboot or reload of OS will temporarily resolve the issue. I definitely find that if I use firefox I have major issues. Also I'm noticing since the reformat that youtube videos have horrible hanging. I don't mean to mix issues but the touchpad is the worse one, I'd love to revert back to the image I took of the system before I formatted, but the touchpad is just about useless when using that image. Any software tweaks/fixes or is the only answer rebooting constantly (which isn't really a solution)?
    Sounds like some of those issues could be related to the latencies in the older Atheros WLAN drivers. Try updating that to the newest one and see if it helps with the YouTube videos and other glitches. It's possible that this is also causing your touchpad problem, but you may just have a bad touchpad. If that's the case, you should return that unit and get another one.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Did you try uninstalling the current Synaptics driver, rebooting into Safe Mode, using Driver Sweeper to check for and remove any remaining Synaptics driver files, and reinstalling the Synaptics driver?

What types of issues are you experiencing with FireFox? Do they occur when you use another browser?

In cases where the cursor moves erratically during normal touchpad use, I have not seen any long term software fix. It does not sound like you are reporting this specific issue.

If you just purchased the system, I would recommend contacting the retailer to see if they will exchange it for a new unit.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

d2tw4all
    I've had it since March, and it worked fine for a while but has progressively gotten worse since May or so. What happens is it doesn't respond to 2 finger swiping to scroll first, then if I don't reboot it will slowly stop responding to touchpad movements to the point that the mouse pointer won't move at all no matter what I do on the touchpad at which point I have to reboot. I've tried a myriad of things, replacing the synaptics drivers, etc but it had no effect. I reinstalled the OS, and it improved, but I still notice if I use firefox and leave the system on for extended periods of time the mouse degrades. If I don't use firefox it definitely doesn't get as bad as quickly at least. Definitely seems software related...

Youtube basically the video will hang but the audio won't so it's not completely hanging, just the video stream stops as the audio continues, and then the video just comes back. Very odd, only started happening since I reloaded win7 ultimate. I may try updating the atheros drivers and see if that helps.

Tom

Firefox Options -> Advanced -> General -> Browsing includes an option to use hardware acceleration. Make sure that's not checked.

Which laptop do you have, BTW?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just to share my experience with a G74SX.
    Yesterday I make a clean install of win7. I installed all fundamentals divers and soon my touchpad started to freeze and to go crazy everywere. I inserted Ubuntu linux live DVD to try my touchpad and surprisingly it worked. So, I restarded win7 and -tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- it WORKS! and card reader drivers crashed!
    Now I'm testing if these drivers are the real problem (or maybe another USB related driver).

Quote Originally Posted by neoxes View Post
    ......and card reader drivers crashed!
    Now I'm testing if these drivers are the real problem (or maybe another USB related driver).
    I think that's the first I've heard of a problem with the Card Reader driver. Which driver version are you using?

PS: Give the touchpad some time before evaluating it.....unfortunately, that behavior after a clean install is not promising, but if it behaves well for a week or so, you're probably in the clear. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    I think that's the first I've heard of a problem with the Card Reader driver. Which driver version are you using?

PS: Give the touchpad some time before evaluating it.....unfortunately, that behavior after a clean install is not promising, but if it behaves well for a week or so, you're probably in the clear. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    In fact the problem is USB camera (USB2.0-CRW) and not card reader... Any suggestion?

EDIT
    No, it's card reader...

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast