cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Keyboard stops working when in game.

volors
Level 8
Hi Guys

I am having a weird problem with my keyboard.
It works fine on startup but when I am in game like 20-30 mins, it suddenly stops working, then if I unplug my mouse (razer deathadder), it starts working again.
Have happened to me in Dota2 , Mafia 3. Haven't tried other games but is there any fix to it, some driver update or something.

Thanx
20 REPLIES 20

volors
Level 8
Update: So again I was playing and same thing happened, in game keyboard stopped working, I unplugged the mouse and inserted in the left side USB ports, started playing and it never stopped working for straight 3 hours. Now I think its the right side USB ports and something to do with USB+ charging or something like that, will post if I found something else.

We're you able to find a solution? I have the exact same problem. It gets really annoying to keep un-plugging and replugging the mouse.

Clintlgm
Level 14
You might reinstall the ATK Package of driver. Asus Support Downloads also your mouse software sounds like a driver conflict of some sort.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
You might reinstall the ATK Package of driver. Asus Support Downloads also your mouse software sounds like a driver conflict of some sort.

I've already tried re-installing the ATK Package. I don't have a mouse software like OP, just the regular HID Compliant Mouse. Please help. I dont want to have to make a complete re-install, because all my work is in it.

Tedted wrote:
I've already tried re-installing the ATK Package. I don't have a mouse software like OP, just the regular HID Compliant Mouse. Please help. I dont want to have to make a complete re-install, because all my work is in it.

It happened to me again on the left side USB ports too, then what I did was reinstall all the drivers (drivers from asus website) for everything as I had this freshly installed on a SSD, even if it was showing in device manager that nothing needs any drivers , I still installed each and every driver, played an hour yesterday worked ok. till now haven't got a chance to play as much.

Left side ports are a known issue with USB 3.0 for most people
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

UPDATE: Again same problem , I was playing yesterday and keyboard hanged in game , unplugged the mouse and instantly it started working.
Let me know if anyone finds anything.

Hey Guys

Update: There is a new Bios update 306 which specifically says it fixes the keyboard.
Download it at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/ROG-G752VS/HelpDesk_Download/

I will go home and install it and let you guys know what is the result.

Updated the BIOS to 306 , was happy that it wont happen again, but was just playing again keboard hanged. Unplugged the mouse started working right away.
Doesnt look like the BIOS update fixed the issue. 😞