ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array will_s PC Specs
    will_s PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero X
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti
    Sound Cardexternal Turtle Beach
    MonitorPredator 24"
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB m.2 (PCIE)
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 740 ATX Cube
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming
    Headset Turtle Beach Elite Pro
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus
    Accessory #1 Fanatech CSW2
    Accessory #2 Fanatech V3's

Latest BIOS upgrade for STIX mobos

current 1003

new one 1201

It wasn't that long ago I updated to 1003 and now they have 1201 out..................now PC boots faster under 1003 and is more stable but a long way from perfect.

So whats with the update ? Its pretty quick since previous so doers it fix a major flaw ? Any clues on it ?

At the moment I am 50/50. PC running OK but could be better but maybe the new BIOS will screw it over or then again make it near perfect. And always a chance of something happening whilst flashing the bIOS so am not sure what to do. Actually pretty sure in the end I will take the chance but would like more knowledge about the new BIOS

Moderator Array

Hi will_s,

The 1201 build is released for better power management and overclock capability, and should not impact on the performance.
    We will suggest to use 1201 over 1003.

regards,

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by will_s View Post
    current 1003

new one 1201

It wasn't that long ago I updated to 1003 and now they have 1201 out..................now PC boots faster under 1003 and is more stable but a long way from perfect.

So whats with the update ? Its pretty quick since previous so doers it fix a major flaw ? Any clues on it ?

At the moment I am 50/50. PC running OK but could be better but maybe the new BIOS will screw it over or then again make it near perfect. And always a chance of something happening whilst flashing the bIOS so am not sure what to do. Actually pretty sure in the end I will take the chance but would like more knowledge about the new BIOS
    If your system is stable with the current BIOS, there is no need to update. Never update your BIOS unless it solves a specific problem that you're experiencing or it offers some kinda of new functionality that you're planning to use.

will_s PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    MonitorPredator 24"
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus

thankyou
    last BIOS fixed a lot of problems and sped up the boot times so maybe will take Chinos advice and leave it be since I dont overclock

will_s PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    MonitorPredator 24"
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus

After recent problems with either windows 10 or my M.2 drive I hoped a BIOS upgrade might fix it so after receiving more messages from EZ update I saved what I needed and updated the BIOS. Didnt go smoothly and a lot has to do with the Samsung SSD 950 pro 512GB M.2 drive even through the Magician software shows it running as "good". Anyway it didnt fix the problem and after a few reboots and removing my Samsung 850 drive as a boot option got it to boot but once again Windows 10 started its checking drives for error . Dont know why its doing this.........maybe the drive is bad or is it Windows 10. Giving serious consideration to making the normal Samsung 850 SSD my boot drive and installing windows 10 on that and using other drive for just data.
    Or is it something to do with Asus mobo not liking the M.2 drive............

Moderator Array

For NVME drives to perform at their best result, will highly suggest to make the system pure UEFI boot (CSM Support = Disabled).

Quote Originally Posted by will_s View Post
    After recent problems with either windows 10 or my M.2 drive I hoped a BIOS upgrade might fix it so after receiving more messages from EZ update I saved what I needed and updated the BIOS. Didnt go smoothly and a lot has to do with the Samsung SSD 950 pro 512GB M.2 drive even through the Magician software shows it running as "good". Anyway it didnt fix the problem and after a few reboots and removing my Samsung 850 drive as a boot option got it to boot but once again Windows 10 started its checking drives for error . Dont know why its doing this.........maybe the drive is bad or is it Windows 10. Giving serious consideration to making the normal Samsung 850 SSD my boot drive and installing windows 10 on that and using other drive for just data.
    Or is it something to do with Asus mobo not liking the M.2 drive............

will_s PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    MonitorPredator 24"
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus

Quote Originally Posted by ASUS-OP View Post
    For NVME drives to perform at their best result, will highly suggest to make the system pure UEFI boot (CSM Support = Disabled).
    tried that and wouldnt boot then it took a while to fix with Windowes trying to diagnose problem

btw: with EZ upadate keep getting message about another BIOS upgrade..... they seem to be coming pretty quick...what does this one do ?

Moderator Array

Hi will_s,

The new BIOS after 1201 are just miner improvements like built-in AURA controller firmware update, and minor improvements to system performance.
    You can consider them optional updates.

FYR,