cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onboard Sound makes hissing, cheeping noises (Maximus VIII Ranger)

Zaphod1
Level 7
Hello everyone,

my problem is that my Maximus VIII Ranger Mainboard, when using the green line-out output, generates annoying hissing, static noise.
Interestingly, the noise increases for example when moving the mouse, drawing a rectangle on the desktop, or just having a chrome browser opened - when closing chrome, the noise dissapears.
In other words, i kind of "hear the PC working".

*Update: Here is a short video of the issue*

The noise is even apparent when listening to music, it can`t be ignored.

So my question is simple: How can i get rid of those noises ? Thanks in advance.

The setup is pretty simple:
Mainboard line out --> cable: Cinch split to 2x XLR ---> XLR-input of active Audio Monitors Yamaha HS 7

I`m using the lastest Bios 2202, Realtec High Definition Audio driver 6.0.1.7829 (the latest at Asus Downloads) and Windows 10 64bit.
4 REPLIES 4

Souma
Level 7
Bro,

Latest BIOS is 2202, might wanna check that out 😉

Thank you, just updated the BIOS to 2202 and the Realtec driver to 6.0.1.7829.
However, the noise is still there 😞

I now installed the Creative Soundblaster Z (PCIe) and still have the same noise.
So it`s not just the onboard sound itself that causes the trouble.

As i stated before, the noises are connected to the PC "working".
If the Windows Desktop is active and i don`t move anything, it`s quiet. When i move the mouse, the noise is there.
A complex website in Chrome will make more noise than a simple one.

A month ago I experienced a problem where the sound randomly cut-out and I also heard static noises on my headset and when I spoke on the mic. I discovered that the problem was related to the USB 3.0 controller. The solution for me was to uninstall the ASMedia USB 3.0 drivers and let Windows 10 update the driver for me. You can test this by disabling your USB 3.0 controller in your BIOS. If it works then you can proceed to swap the drivers like I did. It worked for me, maybe it will work for you too. I attached a screenshot below of how your drivers should look in device manager once Windows 10 has installed the USB 3.0 drivers for you. I also attach a screenshot showing the latest version of the Realtek driver that I'm running which looks newer than yours, again let Windows update this for you through device manager - maybe it will solve your problem.