cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT G-Sync upgrade, Unit 2 802 cochrane drive is not a service center (update)

XOIIO
Level 7
Hello all, so I sent my J751JT to the asus service center in markham, ontario, It was received on the 19th of september according to my tracking information,
however the case number attached to it (CAA1672017) has not had a single update to it.

I phoned the asus help line and there's no information available but apparently he put in a request, I also sent a brand new email to the representative I was first communicating with
(stanley shi) as I sent them an email last friday and have not heard back from them either.

I am looking to see how long other people were waiting for their G-Sync upgrade to be done and have the laptop and invoice shipped back to them. I am getting concerned as I
never got an email confirming the laptop arrived or anything since I mailed it off and provided the tracking number. (I actually didn't even hear anything back after I sent them the tracking number)

I also tried phoning that location but they are currently closed and their phone system hangs up on you if you try to leave a message or use an extension to try leaving one with someone random.

I'm just concerned because this isn't a cheap machine, and I can't afford to have to buy one if something screwed up. I did insure the package but I doubt that covers misdelivery if some random person
signed for it or something like that.
3 REPLIES 3

XOIIO
Level 7
Alright, so apparently the RMA number I used expired, it was from late july however shortly before mailing the laptop I emailed the representative and they said that the rma number was still active, so it would seem it expired while my laptop was in transit.

The person I am speaking with on the phone is setting up a new RMA number for me and it will hopefully be updated soon.

XOIIO
Level 7
Alright so update on the whole situation, the asus service center moved from unit 2 802 cochrane drive quote some time ago, there's now a coffee company called hatch there, supposedly for a couple years now, and asus hasn't taken any steps to update the directory listings.

They have the laptop and it's (supposedly) intact packaging. The person I spoke to there is not comfortable sending the laptop to asus, so canada post is going to have to pick it up and return it to me, and I'll have to pay shipping on that which is a hit financially, things are pretty rough right now, but the asus rep was king enough, because they don't have a courier or anything they can use to go pick up the package, is sending me a pre-paid shipping label, so when my package arrives back I'll have to pick it up, open it up and see that it's still all there and undamaged, and then send it back to asus.

Less than ideal but far better than losing a laptop, I don't know why that company held onto it for so long, or why asus hasn't taken the steps to make sure there's no false listing for their service center associated with that address, but at least I'll be getting it back.

I had made the first ticket back in july on the first form but there was a mistake in it and I was contacting a service rep and didn't have the right address, this one someone sent to me via the forum, and upon looking it up all signs pointed to asus, so I took that information as fact, I sure know not to do that again.

XOIIO wrote:
Alright so update on the whole situation, the asus service center moved from unit 2 802 cochrane drive quote some time ago, there's now a coffee company called hatch there, supposedly for a couple years now, and asus hasn't taken any steps to update the directory listings.

They have the laptop and it's (supposedly) intact packaging. The person I spoke to there is not comfortable sending the laptop to asus, so canada post is going to have to pick it up and return it to me, and I'll have to pay shipping on that which is a hit financially, things are pretty rough right now, but the asus rep was king enough, because they don't have a courier or anything they can use to go pick up the package, is sending me a pre-paid shipping label, so when my package arrives back I'll have to pick it up, open it up and see that it's still all there and undamaged, and then send it back to asus.

Less than ideal but far better than losing a laptop, I don't know why that company held onto it for so long, or why asus hasn't taken the steps to make sure there's no false listing for their service center associated with that address, but at least I'll be getting it back.

I had made the first ticket back in july on the first form but there was a mistake in it and I was contacting a service rep and didn't have the right address, this one someone sent to me via the forum, and upon looking it up all signs pointed to asus, so I took that information as fact, I sure know not to do that again.

What I did was to drop off my laptop in Markham myself. The upgrade was done and in 5 days I got the laptop back. I did pick up it myself.

The whole G-Sync upgrade was done very good at the Asus Markham service. Everything is working well and even my Win 10 installation is working.

Temps are better then before.