cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G752VY-DH72 & 1440p Monitor - Will it Work?

amanzano88
Level 7
I run this laptop as my primary computer. Currently hook it up via HDMI to a 40" 1080p Samsung Monitor. I was thinking about getting a 27" 1440p monitor but I'm not sure this laptop would be able to even utilize the 1440 display for gaming. Can anyone here give me their input? Stick with the 1080p monitor or would I be able to run the 27" 1440 and see a noticeable difference in image quality?
11 REPLIES 11

Eleftherios
Level 7
Take it to a store, plug it in, load a game. It would help if we knew what you where playing. 40fps on witcher with g-sync isnt so bad but i wouldn't play shooters under 60 fps.

Try a few different games, after all if it works you may purchase so i feel it's a reasonable request.

Best of luck.

MrRuckus
Level 10
amanzano88 wrote:
I run this laptop as my primary computer. Currently hook it up via HDMI to a 40" 1080p Samsung Monitor. I was thinking about getting a 27" 1440p monitor but I'm not sure this laptop would be able to even utilize the 1440 display for gaming. Can anyone here give me their input? Stick with the 1080p monitor or would I be able to run the 27" 1440 and see a noticeable difference in image quality?

While Im sure there will be a noticeable difference in quality, you are pushing more pixels so it will be more demanding on the 980m. Normally people running over 1080p are running a 980Ti+ to max graphic settings. You may have to bump down some settings to get good frames at 1440p.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.

Even though this laptop is still relatively new, I'm considering upgrading again and just getting a desktop. I'm not that big of a gamer anymore.

I play MGSV, Witcher and a few others from time to time, but I've never experienced 1440p or 4k so would really like to see how beautiful some of these games can look in 4k. Problem is, I really don't have the time to build a rig so was thinking about going through Origin or something but have heard they're over-priced and what not.

Does anyone here have recommendations?

I was looking at some of ASUS's desktop models but not sure if they're worth the money or not, even though the specs say they could push 4k with a GTX1080. I'd just like something that's ready for 4k, VR and would last for several years without me needing to upgrade again for awhile.

Any advice?

amanzano88 wrote:
Thanks for the response guys, really appreciate it.

Even though this laptop is still relatively new, I'm considering upgrading again and just getting a desktop. I'm not that big of a gamer anymore.

I play MGSV, Witcher and a few others from time to time, but I've never experienced 1440p or 4k so would really like to see how beautiful some of these games can look in 4k. Problem is, I really don't have the time to build a rig so was thinking about going through Origin or something but have heard they're over-priced and what not.

Does anyone here have recommendations?

I was looking at some of ASUS's desktop models but not sure if they're worth the money or not, even though the specs say they could push 4k with a GTX1080. I'd just like something that's ready for 4k, VR and would last for several years without me needing to upgrade again for awhile.

Any advice?

i have my g752vy hooked up to a PG279q. no issue's so far unless your a FPS junkie. had to tune down settings on some games but the return is amazing. jumping from 1080p to 1440p is a night and day difference. once you go 1440p you'll never go back to 1080p.

theGOAT wrote:
i have my g752vy hooked up to a PG279q. no issue's so far unless your a FPS junkie. had to tune down settings on some games but the return is amazing. jumping from 1080p to 1440p is a night and day difference. once you go 1440p you'll never go back to 1080p.

Really?! I'm not really an FPS junkie at all. Good to know! Thanks for responding and letting me know!

Eleftherios
Level 7
G701vi has a 1080 in it and there not mobility chips anymore, it could suffice for your needs. A 4k desktop can become expensive depending what performance you want to hit.

Or go for a g800 if thats running 4k with with a 1080. That's not exactly cheap but if a laptop is a must that will do the job. If a desktop is a must then don't go pre-built, give me your price and i can make 1 in my spare time and you can pay a store to build it for example umart will supply most of the parts and construct it. I did this for a friend that lives interstate.

Hey that would be awesome of you if it's not too much trouble to put a rig together.

Looking at the G800 looks nice. If I'm going to be dropping 4.5k on a new computer I'd prefer it to be a desktop. Would be a nice tax write off as well.

Let me know what you can put together within the $3.5-4.5k price range.

Really appreciate it!

Eleftherios
Level 7
What currancy, country, state, city so i can do the leg work 😃

Eleftherios wrote:
What currancy, country, state, city so i can do the leg work 😃

USD. CA. Temecula.