cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X99 Deluxe II Intel and ASMedia SATA port(s)?

Testing12
Level 7
Can anyone tell me which SATA ports are controlled by the Intel chip and which are controlled by the ASmedia chip on the x99 Deluxe II motherboard?

Thanks for any help…
5 REPLIES 5

Nate152
Hi Testing12

Take a look in your motherboard manual it should have the sata port layout.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Testing12

Take a look in your motherboard manual it should have the sata port layout.

Yes, it does. I checked it, but I saw a video that indicated you need to be sure to connect your SATA drives to the Intel controlled ports as they will be faster than the ASMedia controlled ports. And yes, they were specifically talking about the X99 Deluxe II. The Deluxe II manual does not show the ASMedia chip controlling any of the SATA ports, thus my confusion.
I checked the X99 Deluxe motherboard manual (the previous version of the Deluxe II) and noticed it DOES show the ASMedia chip controlling some of the SATA ports on that board.
So, I've come to the conclusion that all 10 of the SATA ports on the ASUS X99 Deluxe II are controlled via the Intel chip set.
However, I was hoping someone from ASUS would step in and give a definitive answer.

Testing12 wrote:

So, I've come to the conclusion that all 10 of the SATA ports on the ASUS X99 Deluxe II are controlled via the Intel chip set.

That's correct. All the SATA ports on the X99 Deluxe II are from the native Intel PCH. The ASMedia controller on the X99 Deluxe II is for the USB 3.0/3.1 ports. 🙂

Thank you Nate152 and thank you Chino for your help with this.

BTW Nate152,

Nate152 wrote:
...if you have asmedia sata ports an asmedia sata driver will be listed on the downloads page at the Asus support center. I'm not seeing one there for the x99 deluxe II so they must all be Intel sata ports.

I hadn't thought of this. Thanks for the tip which I'm sure will be useful in the future.

Nate152
Yeah you're correct Testing12, if you have asmedia sata ports an asmedia sata driver will be listed on the downloads page at the Asus support center. I'm not seeing one there for the x99 deluxe II so they must all be Intel sata ports.