cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch off led and powered up usb when pc is off?

Kyokusanagiz
Level 7
Hi, i'm new here. Just have a custom built rig recently, therefore would like to know how to configure the following issue.

1) Pc into Sleep mode:
Mobo led, Nzxt Hue+ led, Keyboard led to be off while
Usb able to charge my razer mouse and maybe phone.

Pc into power off mode( while main switch and psu is not switched off):
All led lighting to be off - solve it myself by going into bios and change to 's4/s5' mode in 'apm'
Hoping that while power off still able to charge my razer mouse.

Appreciate for any advice.
Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
Thats not power off mode if the main switch is not off, sleep mode does not turn off anything not in the power settings, however Hibernate might (I dont use Hibernate so I dont know for sure).

Personally, I wouldnt change any power settings in the BIOS, but if it works for you, gratz.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

would like to have my razer mouse charge via usb while my pc is shut down. 😞

Praz
Level 13
Hello

It is not reasonable to expect USB power to be disabled so that the LEDs of connected devices are not illuminated while at the same time power is available at the USB ports for charging connected devices.

hi there. what i mean is that usb device (wireless mouse or phone) able to charge while onboard mobo led to be switch off while pc is in sleep or shut down mode.

DeathtoGnomes
Level 9
no it doesnt work like that, if the MB is powered down into hibernate, hybrid or sleep, the MB lights always stay on, these modes still apply power to the USBs with whichever setting it is supposed to be in the BIOS.

You do want the MB lights on while in hibernate, hybrid, or sleep modes. Its like having a problem indicator. You wouldnt turn off your anti-virus when you think you might actually have a virus.
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool:

ok bro. COOL! now i got the whole picture:)