cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10 Randomg USB Disconnecting / conecting

enyceedanny
Level 10
This has been happening ever since, even on a fresh windows 10 install. Windows will randomly make a USB disconnecting/reconnecting sound. I have USBLOGVIEW running and it doesn't show anything. I've disabled the option in device manager for all USB devices to save power by turning it off, but to no avail.

Anything else I can do to find out exactly why this is happening?
40 REPLIES 40

richmelchr
Level 7
are you sure it's USB disconnecting/reconnecting sound? win10 seems to use that same .wav file for lots of different alerts. perhaps try and disable the alert specific to USB dis/rec and see if you keep getting the sound, then you could narrow it down to what is causing the alert.

Additionally, I get that crazy disconnect-reconnect-dis-rec-... loop sometimes with USB sticks that have been formatted weird, eFAT or whatever.

richmelchr wrote:
are you sure it's USB disconnecting/reconnecting sound? win10 seems to use that same .wav file for lots of different alerts. perhaps try and disable the alert specific to USB dis/rec and see if you keep getting the sound, then you could narrow it down to what is causing the alert.

Additionally, I get that crazy disconnect-reconnect-dis-rec-... loop sometimes with USB sticks that have been formatted weird, eFAT or whatever.

I doublechecked and the usb connect/disconnect sounds aren't being used by anything else.

Chino
Level 15
Make sure you're using the latest BIOS for the motherboard. You can also try testing your system with another keyboard and mouse.

Honami
Level 7
I have the same issue with the back ASmedia controller.
Sometimes my mouse and keyboard will randomly disconnect even on fresh Windows 10 Install.

Honami wrote:
I have the same issue with the back ASmedia controller.
Sometimes my mouse and keyboard will randomly disconnect even on fresh Windows 10 Install.

Are you using the latest ASMedia drivers?

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest ASMedia drivers?

Yes. Downloaded the latest drivers from the support section for the mobo.

badjz
Level 7
Also now experiencing this issue, was working fine for more than 4 weeks and nothing but problems.

All my USB 3.0 ports don't work, they will come in sporadically & then just disconnect.

Using EventGhost, I found that it's just my keyboard that disconnects then reconnects sporadically. I recently replaced the keyboard, but it's still the same.. Odd...

I have the same issue on all of my USB devices (keyboard,mouse,speakers) will randomly disconnect mainly when I am playing a game. I wait a minute or so and i get a message that blue tooth devices are reconnecting and everything turns back on but i have to reset any program that is using sound. I'm using the latest bios.

Thanks,