cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi FI not working on Rampage edition 10

Koutport
Level 7
Hello
I have install the new Rampage edition 10 (at last) and I have some issues...one is the Wi fi not work and two the usb charger+ not install. When I boot 2 windows of Asus write that the wifi engine and usb charger+ not install...I reinstall with usb asus the drivers nothing at all.
Any ideas pls?
Thanx
George.:(:(:(
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx
14 REPLIES 14

Hello yes I connect the Antena I have the rampage v extreme before and I don't have any problem with WiFi.Maby have to update bios? I have the 502...
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Is WiFi functional inside your OS? Can you pick up any wireless networks?

Yes i saw the wireless icon in network adapters, and if i want to choose from the ethernet to wireless display connecting... and then not connect...

midnytwarrior
Level 7
Koutport wrote:
Hello
I have install the new Rampage edition 10 (at last) and I have some issues...one is the Wi fi not work and two the usb charger+ not install. When I boot 2 windows of Asus write that the wifi engine and usb charger+ not install...I reinstall with usb asus the drivers nothing at all.
Any ideas pls?
Thanx
George.:(:(:(

Hello,

Just a question:

Did you replace your old motherboard with the new RE10? In doing that did you just used the same OS drive or did you reinstall windows?

I had a similar problem before. WiFi antenna detects SSID or signal but always saying "Cannot Connect". But when I use my USB WiFi antenna there are no issues.

Contacted ASUS Live Chat support and was told to RMA my motherboard. But RMA is not easy from where I am.

So I reinstalled Windows and from there everything worked well.

midnytwarrior wrote:
Hello,

Just a question:

Did you replace your old motherboard with the new RE10? In doing that did you just used the same OS drive or did you reinstall windows?

I had a similar problem before. WiFi antenna detects SSID or signal but always saying "Cannot Connect". But when I use my USB WiFi antenna there are no issues.

Contacted ASUS Live Chat support and was told to RMA my motherboard. But RMA is not easy from where I am.

So I reinstalled Windows and from there everything worked well.

No I dont reinstall windows...just replace the rampage V extreme with the RE10...

Koutport wrote:
No I dont reinstall windows...just replace the rampage V extreme with the RE10...

That was the same thing I initially did. Antenna is detected and able to find WiFi signal but say "Cannot Connect To Network". My OS was Windows 10

I had a spare drive so I connect it to RE10 and installed Windows 7. From there WiFi antenna worked.

So then I know it's not WiFi antenna problem but with OS. ASUS support told me to RMA. Microsoft support was not able to help.

I'm using BIOS 901.

I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 and still antenna is working.

I'm not sure but maybe driver issue or conflict.

Try with a spare drive and install Windows. Install drivers and see if antenna is able to connect.

Koutport wrote:

Then you might want to do a fresh Windows installation. Your previous installation with the R5E drivers is possibly conflicting with the R5V10 ones.

Chino wrote:
Then you might want to do a fresh Windows installation. Your previous installation with the R5E drivers is possibly conflicting with the R5V10 ones.

Thanx Chino.