cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GTX1080 Strix OC LED issues

griellwe
Level 7
Hi, two days ago I received my 1080 OC and I am having some problems with AURA lighting - all colours seem to be ok, apart from white. The Republic of gamers logo + all LEDs underneath (around fans) are pink/violet, the STRIX logo itself is white, and one LED under backplate is locked to green - please see photo.
I am getting three different colours when white LED is chosen... I am some kind of disappointed as this was supposed to be all white LED rig build. Instead of all white I am getting all three different colours... 😞

P.S. I've just checked other colours - the LED which shows in green when set to white, is also stuck in green in orange, yellow and cyan colours. Not happy at all. I suspect a faulty LED. What do you think guys?

18 REPLIES 18

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest version of the AURA software?

Yes, I do V0.0.4.1

Chino
Level 15
Ok. I'll do some testing with my GTX 1080.

Can I assume that you're using the Static effect and just setting everything to a white color?

Chino wrote:
Ok. I'll do some testing with my GTX 1080.

Can I assume that you're using the Static effect and just setting everything to a white color?

Thank you and yes, all in static and does not matter what shade of white do I apply it is always the same. As I mentioned eralier same happens in cyan, orange and yellow - just this green LED is stuck on. ROG, Strix logo, fans LEDS changed colours ok in that colours. White is the worst one - I got 3 different colours.

Also I have just looked at the card and one of the LEDs is much brighter than others. I have noticed that first when I took the photo, now I have looked again as it is a little bit hidden by case and it is twice as bright as the one the other side of the card (closer to MOBO). But this does not really bother me. I have just pointed it out as there may be some voltage problems on card...? See photo pls.59949

Morbeious
Level 7
Have you tried rebooting (removing power) wait a few min.. I had this issue after loading more than one copy of the aura software. mine locked into green and wouldn't change and untill I performed a cold boot. I've also seen other issues with the software, it doesn't seem to pickup music and change colors when I have the AUra motherboard software loaded doing the same (strange).. I think it might just be buggy software..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

griellwe wrote:
Thank you and yes, all in static and does not matter what shade of white do I apply it is always the same. As I mentioned eralier same happens in cyan, orange and yellow - just this green LED is stuck on. ROG, Strix logo, fans LEDS changed colours ok in that colours. White is the worst one - I got 3 different colours.

Also I have just looked at the card and one of the LEDs is much brighter than others. I have noticed that first when I took the photo, now I have looked again as it is a little bit hidden by case and it is twice as bright as the one the other side of the card (closer to MOBO). But this does not really bother me. I have just pointed it out as there may be some voltage problems on card...? See photo pls.59949

I'm getting the same result as you are so I don't think the GPU is the problem. Perhaps it's software. Give me a few days and I'll look into it.

Morbeious wrote:
Have you tried rebooting (removing power) wait a few min.. I had this issue after loading more than one copy of the aura software. mine locked into green and wouldn't change and untill I performed a cold boot. I've also seen other issues with the software, it doesn't seem to pickup music and change colors when I have the AUra motherboard software loaded doing the same (strange).. I think it might just be buggy software..

You can't use the Aura and Aura(Graphics Card) software at the same time. If you have configured the motherboard to sync with the GPU, then you must use the Aura program. If you want to use the standalone Aura(Graphics Card) one, you have to untick the Sync VGA option. 🙂

Chino wrote:
I'm getting the same result as you are so I don't think the GPU is the problem. Perhaps it's software. Give me a few days and I'll look into it.

Thank you, appreciate your help, keep me informed pls

Chino wrote:
I'm getting the same result as you are so I don't think the GPU is the problem. Perhaps it's software. Give me a few days and I'll look into it...:)

I have found on Reddit a photo of another 1080 with LED issue. I hope that it is only software problem as I like this card, it clocks to 2100.59983

The GPU has been accepted for RMA - looks like this is a GPU fault. Shame, as great GPU otherwise. Please close the thread