cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Thunderbolt EX3

hellokitty
Level 11
Hi, i just got the card and its working after a few setting changes in the bios. i have it connected to a startech thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 converter, corning optical cable to a sonnet echo express III-D wich has 2 aja kona lhi cards and a aja kona 3G, and it works. I have not tested it yet, but all hardware shows up in windows 10,AJA control panel and Vmix.
2 REPLIES 2

bgen5pax
Level 7
Care to share your BIOS settings?
I cannot make my TB EX3 to work on my RVE and have tried everything I could find on the net.
I can make it work just once if I reset bios with the back button, Win10 shows the device but if I shutdown and restart it's lost from the Bios and System Agent doesn't show the card plugged in the relevant slot.
Have tried every PCIe slot there is AND the black SB x4 one, moving my video adapter to other slots but the effect is the same: first time is here but on shutdown is lost.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on that.

bgen5pax wrote:
Care to share your BIOS settings?
I cannot make my TB EX3 to work on my RVE and have tried everything I could find on the net.
I can make it work just once if I reset bios with the back button, Win10 shows the device but if I shutdown and restart it's lost from the Bios and System Agent doesn't show the card plugged in the relevant slot.
Have tried every PCIe slot there is AND the black SB x4 one, moving my video adapter to other slots but the effect is the same: first time is here but on shutdown is lost.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on that.

Here are some photos of my thunderbolt settings. 603356033660337
I have the card in PCIE_X8_4 the last slot, wich is shared with my samsung 950 pro m.2. i have ALL slots filled except for the X1 slot, I turn off everything in the bios i do not use, cause im useing all 40 pcie lanes, Avago Mega Raid SAS 9361-8i raid card Mellanox connect X2 10gbe card and a AJA kona 4 capture card and Titan X. So try that, i got my system maxed out with 64gig of ram and I7 5930K and it works, latest bios also.