cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC External Fan control

Nickba
Level 7
Hi,

I just installed my GTX 1080 OC. One of the features that made me buy it was the 2 external fan controllers, so I could control my front fans using them.

The problem is that I cannot make my own settings to make the fans turn on below 60C!!! The idea is to let the front fans work at low RPM below 60C(as they also provide airflow to the HDDs) and to turn the RPM higher as the temperature of the GPU increases. That is simple. Could you update the software/bios to do this task?
4 REPLIES 4

Nickba
Level 7
Is there a way to fix this issue without a bios update?

FuryA
Level 8
hi Nickba
Do You install PWM FAN, Usually Fan control is sync to Mobo Bio,
it also can be controlled by GPU Tweak II:)

protos
Level 7
Nickba wrote:
Hi,

I just installed my GTX 1080 OC. One of the features that made me buy it was the 2 external fan controllers, so I could control my front fans using them.

The problem is that I cannot make my own settings to make the fans turn on below 60C!!! The idea is to let the front fans work at low RPM below 60C(as they also provide airflow to the HDDs) and to turn the RPM higher as the temperature of the GPU increases. That is simple. Could you update the software/bios to do this task?

I use the latest Asus GPU Tweak II, I set the external fan to "Manual" 65% with a custom normal mode profile. With this setting the 140mm Fans runs regardless of temps.

And on OC gaming mode profile I have them set @ 77%.

The fans I have attached are 140mm 3 Pin Fractal fan

Chino
Level 15
Nickba wrote:
Hi,

Unfortunately that's how it was programmed. The lowest fan value is 50% and the lowest temperature value is 60C.