Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Unhappy ROG Spatha Problem

I don't know what the problem is. My PC cannot detect the mouse in Wired or Wireless mode. It just shows these yellow, white and green lights and does nothing.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161025_115932.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	60010

ROG Member Array

I am having the same issue (except the lights are a different color). The ROG Armoury doesn't even detect it, which I've re-installed a few times. I'm also not able to pair it with the charging dock.

ROG Member Array

The Spatha is plugged in, but the ROG Armoury isn't detecting it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	60067

When I go to 'settings' within the Armoury, it says the mouse firmware is 0.00 and that I need to be in wired mode to update. But since the Armoury won't detect the mouse, I am unable to update it.

Name:	Untitled_2.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	60068

Is there some way to download the firmware without going through the Armoury software? The downloads I've found for the Spatha are for the ROG Armoury itself.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the other day - 10/27 - it was working fine, and when I shut the computer down for the night, there was an update for Windows 10. So I selected "Update and Shut Down". The next day when I turned it back on, the update finished up, as normal, but that was when the problem first occurred. So, I'm not sure if the Windows update messed something up, or if it's the mouse/software.

EDIT: I've noticed something else. I unplugged the mouse from the computer and put it into my USB hub. Now, this hub has a light come on above each cable that's plugged into it, but there's no light above the Spatha's cable - so the computer isn't even recognizing it. It can't be the cable itself because the mouse lights up once I plug it in and I've tried different cables just in case.
    Last edited by MisterEl; 10-30-2016 at 11:18 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEl View Post
    The Spatha is plugged in, but the ROG Armoury isn't detecting it.

Name:	Untitled_1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	60067

When I go to 'settings' within the Armoury, it says the mouse firmware is 0.00 and that I need to be in wired mode to update. But since the Armoury won't detect the mouse, I am unable to update it.

Name:	Untitled_2.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	60068

Is there some way to download the firmware without going through the Armoury software? The downloads I've found for the Spatha are for the ROG Armoury itself.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the other day - 10/27 - it was working fine, and when I shut the computer down for the night, there was an update for Windows 10. So I selected "Update and Shut Down". The next day when I turned it back on, the update finished up, as normal, but that was when the problem first occurred. So, I'm not sure if the Windows update messed something up, or if it's the mouse/software.

EDIT: I've noticed something else. I unplugged the mouse from the computer and put it into my USB hub. Now, this hub has a light come on above each cable that's plugged into it, but there's no light above the Spatha's cable - so the computer isn't even recognizing it. It can't be the cable itself because the mouse lights up once I plug it in and I've tried different cables just in case.
    I fixed the problem. I let the battery drained to empty and plugged it again and it's working fine but after 3 days of using it, it goes back to this f**king state again. What the hell is wrong with this thing?

Ex-employee Array

It looks like there are many of you that are having this issue, I'll forward this over to our peripheral team to look into this issue as soon as possible.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    It looks like there are many of you that are having this issue, I'll forward this over to our peripheral team to look into this issue as soon as possible.
    Thanks sir Bahz. If u ask me I think It's a hardware problem. What I'm doing now is just letting the mouse ON wireless mode forever. It's working fine but when I turn OFF the switch it goes back to the said picture above (The Green, White, Yellow lights). and then I'll let the battery drain to work again.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

My mouse just randomly started to suffer with this issue.

Now the mouse does not even work wireless or wired. In my case, the scroll wheel is lit blue, while the center button slightly above the wheel is lit white.

Is there a way to reset the mouse? I've tried every button combination but nothing will work, nothing happens and the software is not picking it up.

Do I have to RMA this? =\ Kinda pissed considering how much this cost and now it is essentially a brick.

New ROGer Array

I have to unplug mine from the back of the PC and plug it back in every time i put it on the charger

pull it off the charger nothing until i unplug re plug

Works great until i need to charge

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
    My mouse just randomly started to suffer with this issue.

Now the mouse does not even work wireless or wired. In my case, the scroll wheel is lit blue, while the center button slightly above the wheel is lit white.

Is there a way to reset the mouse? I've tried every button combination but nothing will work, nothing happens and the software is not picking it up.

Do I have to RMA this? =\ Kinda pissed considering how much this cost and now it is essentially a brick.
    Just empty the battery then charge it. It works for me but sometimes it goes back to that state and I have to do the whole process again. It's very f**king annoying.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROGGladiator View Post
    Just empty the battery then charge it. It works for me but sometimes it goes back to that state and I have to do the whole process again. It's very f**king annoying.
    It only recently started happening, but a even faster way to resolve it temporarily is to open the mouse up and disconnected the battery and reconnect it again. Sounds like a software/firmware bug--is Asus looking into this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast