cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha Problem

ROGGladiator
Level 7
I don't know what the problem is. My PC cannot detect the mouse in Wired or Wireless mode. It just shows these yellow, white and green lights and does nothing.60010
13 REPLIES 13

MisterEl
Level 7
I am having the same issue (except the lights are a different color). The ROG Armoury doesn't even detect it, which I've re-installed a few times. I'm also not able to pair it with the charging dock.

The Spatha is plugged in, but the ROG Armoury isn't detecting it.

When I go to 'settings' within the Armoury, it says the mouse firmware is 0.00 and that I need to be in wired mode to update. But since the Armoury won't detect the mouse, I am unable to update it.

Is there some way to download the firmware without going through the Armoury software? The downloads I've found for the Spatha are for the ROG Armoury itself.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the other day - 10/27 - it was working fine, and when I shut the computer down for the night, there was an update for Windows 10. So I selected "Update and Shut Down". The next day when I turned it back on, the update finished up, as normal, but that was when the problem first occurred. So, I'm not sure if the Windows update messed something up, or if it's the mouse/software.

EDIT: I've noticed something else. I unplugged the mouse from the computer and put it into my USB hub. Now, this hub has a light come on above each cable that's plugged into it, but there's no light above the Spatha's cable - so the computer isn't even recognizing it. It can't be the cable itself because the mouse lights up once I plug it in and I've tried different cables just in case.

MisterEl wrote:
The Spatha is plugged in, but the ROG Armoury isn't detecting it.

When I go to 'settings' within the Armoury, it says the mouse firmware is 0.00 and that I need to be in wired mode to update. But since the Armoury won't detect the mouse, I am unable to update it.

Is there some way to download the firmware without going through the Armoury software? The downloads I've found for the Spatha are for the ROG Armoury itself.

I think it's also worth mentioning that the other day - 10/27 - it was working fine, and when I shut the computer down for the night, there was an update for Windows 10. So I selected "Update and Shut Down". The next day when I turned it back on, the update finished up, as normal, but that was when the problem first occurred. So, I'm not sure if the Windows update messed something up, or if it's the mouse/software.

EDIT: I've noticed something else. I unplugged the mouse from the computer and put it into my USB hub. Now, this hub has a light come on above each cable that's plugged into it, but there's no light above the Spatha's cable - so the computer isn't even recognizing it. It can't be the cable itself because the mouse lights up once I plug it in and I've tried different cables just in case.

I fixed the problem. I let the battery drained to empty and plugged it again and it's working fine but after 3 days of using it, it goes back to this f**king state again. What the hell is wrong with this thing?

1. Mouse connecting is loose right out of the box, can't put wire in too far or not far enough. (light come on for a second when i got close to getting it.)
2. Windows 10 was picking mouse as just (Gaming mouse) and not as (ROG Spatha).
3. Aura sync was not picking up mouse.
4. Armoury was not even picking up mouse sometime. (but this could have been when windows 10 was not picking it as a gaming mouse only, can't remember, wasn't even looking i guess.)
5. Even at times it told me the usb was using too much power to work.

How i fixed this, first i can live with the bad mouse connecting, i use it for wireless only and another mouse for gaming anyways. It does work, but i hate playing with it.
While start with uninstalling everything, even Aura sync software. remove hardware and devices. then shutdown the pc and start it up again. Now first make sure to plugging in the mouse, but the mouse power switch is turned off. Now check window devices, and make sure your mouse shows up as ROG Spatha, i guess you can plugging in the ROG Receiver too(why not).
After devices show up good, install firmware and Armoury, might have to do this first if your devices don't show up right. You might even have to disable windows updates, when doing all this, i did. As for installing the receiver firmware, you may need to unplug the mouse and turn the mouse power switch on.

After you get the mouse and receiver working , now the Aura sync problem, installing Aura sync, but as you can see, your mouse might not show up, to fix this, after installing the software, i just shutdown the pc and turn it back on, then it show up. I got it all working fine, the MB,GPU,keyboard and mouse all in sync.

Here is my finished Asus ROG Build, but i need to take some newer pic here soon, https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DGP323

Bahz
Level 12
It looks like there are many of you that are having this issue, I'll forward this over to our peripheral team to look into this issue as soon as possible.

Bahz wrote:
It looks like there are many of you that are having this issue, I'll forward this over to our peripheral team to look into this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks sir Bahz. If u ask me I think It's a hardware problem. What I'm doing now is just letting the mouse ON wireless mode forever. It's working fine but when I turn OFF the switch it goes back to the said picture above (The Green, White, Yellow lights). and then I'll let the battery drain to work again.

My mouse just randomly started to suffer with this issue.

Now the mouse does not even work wireless or wired. In my case, the scroll wheel is lit blue, while the center button slightly above the wheel is lit white.

Is there a way to reset the mouse? I've tried every button combination but nothing will work, nothing happens and the software is not picking it up.

Do I have to RMA this? =\ Kinda pissed considering how much this cost and now it is essentially a brick.

I have to unplug mine from the back of the PC and plug it back in every time i put it on the charger

pull it off the charger nothing until i unplug re plug

Works great until i need to charge

Liquidus wrote:
My mouse just randomly started to suffer with this issue.

Now the mouse does not even work wireless or wired. In my case, the scroll wheel is lit blue, while the center button slightly above the wheel is lit white.

Is there a way to reset the mouse? I've tried every button combination but nothing will work, nothing happens and the software is not picking it up.

Do I have to RMA this? =\ Kinda pissed considering how much this cost and now it is essentially a brick.

Just empty the battery then charge it. It works for me but sometimes it goes back to that state and I have to do the whole process again. It's very f**king annoying.