cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA Reboot problem after updating to BIOS 2202

tomcoleman
Level 9
I was on BIOS 1902 everything running sweet, been on 1902 for a while and had system OC'd to 4.5Ghz on the 6700k CPU

Updated to 2202 and now everytime i reboot the PC it shut's down, restarts but hang's at the powering back on part.

No system logo, no Bios logo nothing.

On the board i get A0 showing everything is fine.

Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi tomcoleman

Try bios 1902 again and see if this brings your pc back to life.

It's possible the flash went wrong.

FuryA
Level 8
while after updated just try restoring
all settings may solve side effect

Chino
Level 15
Try clearing your CMOS. If that doesn't work, use the USB BIOS Flashback procedure to revert your BIOS back to the stable revision for your system.

JustinThyme
Level 13
One other thing to keep in mind if you didnt already is you should go to default settings prior to a flash then on reboot always enter the bios to make sure your drive assignments are correct.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

ok few weeks testing with this one, and no fix.

Resetting all setting back to factory, clear CMOS etc reflash to 2202 (tried different USB sticks, different mirrors same result)

When i shutdown the PC shuts down but doesnt kill the power, when i reboot from windows 10 it goes to reboot then screen goes black nothing.

MB showing correct booting A0 on MB LED

Tried to flash back to previous BIOS got error saying BIOS is incorrect name, tried renaming etc no luck.

Annoying as when PC reboots from updates i cant remote in from work.

Any ideas?

Chino wrote:
Do you haver the Intel RST software or AI Suite installed?

No i dont, either way thats windows, this issue happens at post.

If i dont OC it boots fine, if i OC (enable XMP and mutply to 45x) it gets stuck on a reboot.

on old BIOS was fine, so something is deffo crap with the new 2202

installed MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA BIOS 3101 and fixed everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Detleg
Level 12
Well I just had that happen with my new board a little bit ago, everything still runs good though not hanging like yours after updating to 2202 bios, I wouldn't need the update but I had this loud crackling sound in my speakers, that went away, i did had a debug code of 3E a few times, now it just shuts down when I restart the rig, when the 3E shows, nothing will go, but that is gone now because of some voltage hiccups in the bios, while it was sitting in default speeds the vcore was showing @ ~1.450 with no OC and in Auto, just trying to give as much feedback as I can remember.