cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM high temps!

pavin
Level 7
Should I use a cooling pad with GL502VM laptop (i7 6700 HQ, 1060 6G)?

Temps while playing GTA V are just 10C below max: 82C for GPU and 90C for CPU.

http://imgur.com/a/6HDQv
7 REPLIES 7

animus90
Level 7
From my opinion it`s normal. U can try to lower the CPU utilization state percentage in power management if ur not comfortable with the current system temperature. U can test it using Prime95 and Furmark software, see how high temperature can reach by reducing the CPU utilization state percentage.

If ur notebook does have many air grill at lower cover, maybe u can try cooling fan. Otherwise no need because it doesn`t give much different.

That temp is same as mine. Having a cooling pad will not make any significant changes on the temperatures. but it will definitely help in the long run.

I think as long as your laptop is not shutting itself down, it is ok.

Can i ask if you are able to use the integrated camera and mic. Thanks!

nocturnalnocnoc wrote:
That temp is same as mine. Having a cooling pad will not make any significant changes on the temperatures. but it will definitely help in the long run.

I think as long as your laptop is not shutting itself down, it is ok.

Can i ask if you are able to use the integrated camera and mic. Thanks!

The thing is the laptop froze and shut down during playing GTA V; didn't happen after I updated the GPU drivers - dont know why but Geforce experience wasnt updating the drivers- this is when I started monitoring temps. Will post results with cooling pad later.

Integrated mic and cam are okay.

Maybe im not using my laptop on heavy games yet. Im just playing only Dota2 for the laptop right now.

Sorry if this is off topic but can you provide me screenshots of your device manager, specially on the imaging devices. ive been trying to make my integrated cam to work and i cant find any solutions yet.

Read all the pages from this topic:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88171-G752VT-CPU-temp-reaches-100-degrees-celsius-while-pl...

These laptops gain a lot from undervolting. 😄
On page 2 I made a small guide.

have you figure out whats is happening with this model?

because mine gets 100c in games whit cpu usage 100%, but it's never shutdowns actually

animus90 wrote:
From my opinion it`s normal. U can try to lower the CPU utilization state percentage in power management if ur not comfortable with the current system temperature. U can test it using Prime95 and Furmark software, see how high temperature can reach by reducing the CPU utilization state percentage.

If ur notebook does have many air grill at lower cover, maybe u can try cooling fan. Otherwise no need because it doesn`t give much different.

It has vents on the bottom; will post some results with a cooling pad tonight.