Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array TimVNL PC Specs
    TimVNL PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)HX426C15FBK4/32
    Graphics Card #1Asus 1070 Strix
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Storage #22x Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115
    CaseNZXT S340
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Steelseries M800
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 300
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Edifier R980T
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    [HERO] Bios 2202 shutdown issue

    Hello All,

    Since I updated my bios to version 2202 I have the following issue:

    When I shutdown my pc my screen, keyboard and mouse go off but the rest of my pc remains active

    Computer Information:
    Relevante software en hardware die ik gebruik
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz
    Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2666mhz
    Samsung 950 Pro 265GB
    2x Samsung SM851 256GB RAID 0
    Corsair AX860i
    Windows 10 Pro

    Overclock Information
    XMP: On
    CPU core ratio limit: 45
    EPU Power Saving: Off
    CPU Load Line Calibration: Level 6
    VRM Spead Spectrum
    Intel Speedstep: Enabeled
    Intel C-States: Auto
    CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max: 255.00
    Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 41
    CPU Core/Cache Voltage: 2.265 (1.28 after LLC 1.296 Load)

    The overclock is stable I ran the following stress rest for more than 2 hours or multiple times:
    • ROG Realbench
    • Prime95
    • Cinebench R15



    Things I Tried
    • No overclock applied (no change)
    • Reboot before shutdown without login (PC shuts down normal)
    • Boot, Login immediately shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, Game, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, Game,logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Downgraded Intel ME to older version (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Reflashed BIOS to rule out corrupt download


    Hope you guys can help me.

    Greetings,
    Tim

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,710

    Quote Originally Posted by TimVNL View Post
    Hello All,

    Since I updated my bios to version 2202 I have the following issue:

    When I shutdown my pc my screen, keyboard and mouse go off but the rest of my pc remains active

    Computer Information:
    Relevante software en hardware die ik gebruik
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz
    Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2666mhz
    Samsung 950 Pro 265GB
    2x Samsung SM851 256GB RAID 0
    Corsair AX860i
    Windows 10 Pro

    Overclock Information
    XMP: On
    CPU core ratio limit: 45
    EPU Power Saving: Off
    CPU Load Line Calibration: Level 6
    VRM Spead Spectrum
    Intel Speedstep: Enabeled
    Intel C-States: Auto
    CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max: 255.00
    Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 41
    CPU Core/Cache Voltage: 2.265 (1.28 after LLC 1.296 Load)

    The overclock is stable I ran the following stress rest for more than 2 hours or multiple times:
    • ROG Realbench
    • Prime95
    • Cinebench R15



    Things I Tried
    • No overclock applied (no change)
    • Reboot before shutdown without login (PC shuts down normal)
    • Boot, Login immediately shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, Game, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, Game,logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Downgraded Intel ME to older version (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Reflashed BIOS to rule out corrupt download


    Hope you guys can help me.

    Greetings,
    Tim
    Welcome to the club Tim. Intel C-States: disable. On windows. select high performance on the power savers thing. i am still learning on the LLC think also. I but i reduce the Level to 4 that give more stable VRM drop. Also Disable the VRM Spread Spectrum. I am running at 1.290 vcore Check also that the computer do when you order to turn off the machine. FOR A VERY inexplicable issue. my windows did goes to a suspend hybernation in betwen. Do not ask. for a computer just for gaming, it has being a nightmare to me.

    I have a thing here in mi mind that these is a windows os issue not a asus problem. But i can not confirm or prove it .

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array TimVNL PC Specs
    TimVNL PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)HX426C15FBK4/32
    Graphics Card #1Asus 1070 Strix
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Storage #22x Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115
    CaseNZXT S340
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Steelseries M800
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 300
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Edifier R980T
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Itzycharles View Post
    Welcome to the club Tim. Intel C-States: disable. On windows. select high performance on the power savers thing. i am still learning on the LLC think also. I but i reduce the Level to 4 that give more stable VRM drop. Also Disable the VRM Spread Spectrum. I am running at 1.290 vcore Check also that the computer do when you order to turn off the machine. FOR A VERY inexplicable issue. my windows did goes to a suspend hybernation in betwen. Do not ask. for a computer just for gaming, it has being a nightmare to me.

    I have a thing here in mi mind that these is a windows os issue not a asus problem. But i can not confirm or prove it .
    Thanks for the welcome and you information will try this first before flashing back my bios or reinstalling windows hoping some more people can confirm this...

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them
    MrAgapiGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    1,710

    Quote Originally Posted by TimVNL View Post
    Thanks for the welcome and you information will try this first before flashing back my bios or reinstalling windows hoping some more people can confirm this...
    i am learning here also. use 100% bios for all input data. start fresh. reset the bios. and just change core to 1.200 since is the base. i did have a lot of issues and i am learning on my way. US have a lot of support and people can help. Here is just impossible to check component. Sometimes since i come from mac, nothing is working. Sorry guys even my W10 runs perfect in my mac. I have a pc just to play games but i want to really enjoy stuff with out checking over my shoulder that everything is running perfect. I see people on the YouTube that on first all is ok with nice graphics i can not that whay??? in not my specs mobo issue or cpu issue, is sad that there is no program to check the inner. the suit does not work here. i only see that working one time.

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Grand Master Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Reputation
    339
    Posts
    15,255

    Use the USB BIOS Flashback method to downgrade your BIOS back to the stable revision for your system.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array TimVNL PC Specs
    TimVNL PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)HX426C15FBK4/32
    Graphics Card #1Asus 1070 Strix
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Storage #22x Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115
    CaseNZXT S340
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Steelseries M800
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 300
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Edifier R980T
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Use the USB BIOS Flashback method to downgrade your BIOS back to the stable revision for your system.
    Do I need to disbale secure boot for that and if I do that do I neeed te reinstall windows?

    And if I reinstall windows what drive versions do you people recommend?
    Last edited by TimVNL; 10-28-2016 at 05:44 AM.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array dimigr73 PC Specs
    dimigr73 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero ALPHA
    ProcessorIntel Skylake Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill DDR4 Trident Z (F4-3000C14D-16GTZ)
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    MonitorDELL U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB x2
    Storage #2Western Digital Black 1TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U14S
    CaseFractal Design Define R5
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Titanium 650W
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 100
    Headset Hyper X Cloud II
    OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    @Tim: I had the same shutdown issues with BIOS version 1701. But, after I installed the latest update for AI Suite 3 (downloaded from ASUS website), the PC shuts down just fine.
    Last edited by dimigr73; 10-28-2016 at 09:15 AM.

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array TimVNL PC Specs
    TimVNL PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)HX426C15FBK4/32
    Graphics Card #1Asus 1070 Strix
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Storage #22x Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115
    CaseNZXT S340
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Steelseries M800
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 300
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Edifier R980T
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by dimigr73 View Post
    @Tim: I had the same shutdown issues with BIOS version 1701. But, after I and installed the latest update for AI Suite 3 (downloaded from ASUS website), the PC shuts down just fine.
    I don't use AI Suite it's not installed.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    8
    Posts
    218

    Quote Originally Posted by TimVNL View Post
    Hello All,

    Since I updated my bios to version 2202 I have the following issue:

    When I shutdown my pc my screen, keyboard and mouse go off but the rest of my pc remains active

    Computer Information:
    Relevante software en hardware die ik gebruik
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    Corsair Hydro H115i
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz
    Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2666mhz
    Samsung 950 Pro 265GB
    2x Samsung SM851 256GB RAID 0
    Corsair AX860i
    Windows 10 Pro

    Overclock Information
    XMP: On
    CPU core ratio limit: 45
    EPU Power Saving: Off
    CPU Load Line Calibration: Level 6
    VRM Spead Spectrum
    Intel Speedstep: Enabeled
    Intel C-States: Auto
    CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max: 255.00
    Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 41
    CPU Core/Cache Voltage: 2.265 (1.28 after LLC 1.296 Load)

    The overclock is stable I ran the following stress rest for more than 2 hours or multiple times:
    • ROG Realbench
    • Prime95
    • Cinebench R15



    Things I Tried
    • No overclock applied (no change)
    • Reboot before shutdown without login (PC shuts down normal)
    • Boot, Login immediately shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, Game, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Boot, Login, Game,logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Downgraded Intel ME to older version (Screen goes black PC stays on)
    • Reflashed BIOS to rule out corrupt download


    Hope you guys can help me.

    Greetings,
    Tim


    Problem is not windows 10......not ASUS. If you overclock and do changes to BIOS, just to get 100 mhz OC, you are creating problems for your self. You will NEVER notice any change in performance with 100 mhz more on the CPU. NOTHING!

    Go into BioS and load optimized defaults.... and let it be.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array TimVNL PC Specs
    TimVNL PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)HX426C15FBK4/32
    Graphics Card #1Asus 1070 Strix
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 Pro 256GB
    Storage #22x Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115
    CaseNZXT S340
    Power SupplyCorsair AX860i
    Keyboard Steelseries M800
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 300
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK XXL
    Headset/Speakers Edifier R980T
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by emsir View Post
    Problem is not windows 10......not ASUS. If you overclock and do changes to BIOS, just to get 100 mhz OC, you are creating problems for your self. You will NEVER notice any change in performance with 100 mhz more on the CPU. NOTHING!

    Go into BioS and load optimized defaults.... and let it be.
    I am running defaults now for 5 days and still having the same issue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •