Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HERO] Bios 2202 shutdown issue

TimVNL
Level 7
Hello All,

Since I updated my bios to version 2202 I have the following issue:

When I shutdown my pc my screen, keyboard and mouse go off but the rest of my pc remains active 😞

Computer Information:
Relevante software en hardware die ik gebruik
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair Hydro H115i
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2666mhz
Samsung 950 Pro 265GB
2x Samsung SM851 256GB RAID 0
Corsair AX860i
Windows 10 Pro

Overclock Information
XMP: On
CPU core ratio limit: 45
EPU Power Saving: Off
CPU Load Line Calibration: Level 6
VRM Spead Spectrum
Intel Speedstep: Enabeled
Intel C-States: Auto
CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max: 255.00
Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 41
CPU Core/Cache Voltage: 2.265 (1.28 after LLC 1.296 Load)

The overclock is stable I ran the following stress rest for more than 2 hours or multiple times:

• ROG Realbench
  • Prime95
  • Cinebench R15

Things I Tried

• No overclock applied (no change)
  • Reboot before shutdown without login (PC shuts down normal)
  • Boot, Login immediately shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Boot, Login, Game, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Boot, Login, logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Boot, Login, Game,logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Downgraded Intel ME to older version (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Reflashed BIOS to rule out corrupt download

Hope you guys can help me.

Greetings,
Tim
12 REPLIES 12

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
TimVNL wrote:
Hello All,

Since I updated my bios to version 2202 I have the following issue:

When I shutdown my pc my screen, keyboard and mouse go off but the rest of my pc remains active 😞

Computer Information:
Relevante software en hardware die ik gebruik
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair Hydro H115i
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2666mhz
Samsung 950 Pro 265GB
2x Samsung SM851 256GB RAID 0
Corsair AX860i
Windows 10 Pro

Overclock Information
XMP: On
CPU core ratio limit: 45
EPU Power Saving: Off
CPU Load Line Calibration: Level 6
VRM Spead Spectrum
Intel Speedstep: Enabeled
Intel C-States: Auto
CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max: 255.00
Min/Max CPU Cache Ratio: 41
CPU Core/Cache Voltage: 2.265 (1.28 after LLC 1.296 Load)

The overclock is stable I ran the following stress rest for more than 2 hours or multiple times:

• ROG Realbench
  • Prime95
  • Cinebench R15

Things I Tried

• No overclock applied (no change)
  • Reboot before shutdown without login (PC shuts down normal)
  • Boot, Login immediately shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Boot, Login, Game, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Boot, Login, logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Boot, Login, Game,logout, shutdown (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Downgraded Intel ME to older version (Screen goes black PC stays on)
  • Reflashed BIOS to rule out corrupt download

Hope you guys can help me.

Greetings,
Tim

Welcome to the club Tim. Intel C-States: disable. On windows. select high performance on the power savers thing. i am still learning on the LLC think also. I but i reduce the Level to 4 that give more stable VRM drop. Also Disable the VRM Spread Spectrum. I am running at 1.290 vcore Check also that the computer do when you order to turn off the machine. FOR A VERY inexplicable issue. my windows did goes to a suspend hybernation in betwen. Do not ask. for a computer just for gaming, it has being a nightmare to me.

I have a thing here in mi mind that these is a windows os issue not a asus problem. But i can not confirm or prove it .
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Welcome to the club Tim. Intel C-States: disable. On windows. select high performance on the power savers thing. i am still learning on the LLC think also. I but i reduce the Level to 4 that give more stable VRM drop. Also Disable the VRM Spread Spectrum. I am running at 1.290 vcore Check also that the computer do when you order to turn off the machine. FOR A VERY inexplicable issue. my windows did goes to a suspend hybernation in betwen. Do not ask. for a computer just for gaming, it has being a nightmare to me.

I have a thing here in mi mind that these is a windows os issue not a asus problem. But i can not confirm or prove it .

Thanks for the welcome and you information will try this first before flashing back my bios or reinstalling windows hoping some more people can confirm this...

TimVNL wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and you information will try this first before flashing back my bios or reinstalling windows hoping some more people can confirm this...

i am learning here also. use 100% bios for all input data. start fresh. reset the bios. and just change core to 1.200 since is the base. i did have a lot of issues and i am learning on my way. US have a lot of support and people can help. Here is just impossible to check component. Sometimes since i come from mac, nothing is working. Sorry guys even my W10 runs perfect in my mac. I have a pc just to play games but i want to really enjoy stuff with out checking over my shoulder that everything is running perfect. I see people on the YouTube that on first all is ok with nice graphics i can not that whay??? in not my specs mobo issue or cpu issue, is sad that there is no program to check the inner. the suit does not work here. i only see that working one time.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Use the USB BIOS Flashback method to downgrade your BIOS back to the stable revision for your system.

Do I need to disbale secure boot for that and if I do that do I neeed te reinstall windows?

And if I reinstall windows what drive versions do you people recommend?

@Tim: I had the same shutdown issues with BIOS version 1701. But, after I installed the latest update for AI Suite 3 (downloaded from ASUS website), the PC shuts down just fine.

dimigr73 wrote:
@Tim: I had the same shutdown issues with BIOS version 1701. But, after I and installed the latest update for AI Suite 3 (downloaded from ASUS website), the PC shuts down just fine.

I don't use AI Suite it's not installed.

TimVNL wrote:
Do I need to disbale secure boot for that and if I do that do I neeed te reinstall windows?

And if I reinstall windows what drive versions do you people recommend?

Clear your CMOS beforwe flashing. And no, you don't need to reinstall Windows. 🙂

Downgraded my bios to 2001 the problem is gone 🙂

Will try clearing CMOS before flashing 2202 again soon

I am on 4.5 ghz with 1.265v 🙂 How can I minimize or disable the LLC?