cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog gaming center (g752vy) updates?

diogogmaio
Level 7
Hello,

Rog GAMING CENTER for my g752vy is version 1.08 with that extreme/standard switch on TURBO GEAR that many people spoke about.

I found out that G752VS has a GAMING CENTER version 1.12 with no turbo gear switch (extreme or not). It is enabled by default??

Last...

The most update version is from August 2016 and it is the gaming center 2.00 which a totally different UI and also i cannot find the extreme/std turbo gear switch.

So, in the end, should we (G752VY) users update their gaming center app?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hello there.

I have the G752VS OC edition which came with ASUS Gaming Center V1.0.12. I've been following many posts about how the voltage set by ASUS is causing this model to throttle itself. When I saw that ASUS Gaming Center V2.0.0 came out I was excited to try it so I uninstalled V1.0.12, rebooted, and then installed V2.0.0 and rebooted.

I also discovered that the switch to change from Standard, Extreme, and custom was missing. I installed Throttlestop 8.3 to see what it was clocked at and discovered that my laptop was on standard mode. So I thought no big deal... maybe a reinstall will fix. Nope. The switch was still missing.

I uninstalled V2.0.0 rebooted and went back to V1.0.12 and it put my laptop back to extreme mode, but I discovered that if I changed it to Standard, it never actually made the change. Throttlestop 8.3 reported that my laptop was overclocked. My ASUS Gaming Center V1.0.12 is now broken. I've uninstalled ASUS Gaming Center V1.0.12 and am now using Throttlestop 8.3 to clock my laptop to how I like it. I'm not sure how to fix ASUS Gaming Center so that it will work again, perhaps reinstalling Windows?

I would strongly suggest that anyone using a G752VS OC edition to NOT try ASUS Gaming Center V2.0.0 as it appears that this software may not be compatible across all models of ASUS laptops.

The Cool Dude wrote:
Hello there.

I have the G752VS OC edition which came with ASUS Gaming Center V1.0.12. I've been following many posts about how the voltage set by ASUS is causing this model to throttle itself. When I saw that ASUS Gaming Center V2.0.0 came out I was excited to try it so I uninstalled V1.0.12, rebooted, and then installed V2.0.0 and rebooted.

I also discovered that the switch to change from Standard, Extreme, and custom was missing. I installed Throttlestop 8.3 to see what it was clocked at and discovered that my laptop was on standard mode. So I thought no big deal... maybe a reinstall will fix. Nope. The switch was still missing.

I uninstalled V2.0.0 rebooted and went back to V1.0.12 and it put my laptop back to extreme mode, but I discovered that if I changed it to Standard, it never actually made the change. Throttlestop 8.3 reported that my laptop was overclocked. My ASUS Gaming Center V1.0.12 is now broken. I've uninstalled ASUS Gaming Center V1.0.12 and am now using Throttlestop 8.3 to clock my laptop to how I like it. I'm not sure how to fix ASUS Gaming Center so that it will work again, perhaps reinstalling Windows?

I would strongly suggest that anyone using a G752VS OC edition to NOT try ASUS Gaming Center V2.0.0 as it appears that this software may not be compatible across all models of ASUS laptops.

Yeah that is the same general problem.
But for starters the 2.0.0 would be the proper one.
But we need (when we want) the extreme mode.
What is really annoying is that the release notes talk about a turbo gear mode.

:S

gtan777x
Level 7
where can I get the 2.0 installer? gonna try to install it on my G752VT

gtan777x wrote:
where can I get the 2.0 installer? gonna try to install it on my G752VT

If you loose the EXTREME MODE why do you want to install that?!

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hello.

You can find almost everything here but be careful. Newer versions are not always better.

http://ivanrf.com/en/latest-asus-drivers-for-windows-10

Incidentally, I reinstalled Windows 10 on my G752VS OC Edition last night and everything is working great again. I think i'm going to use ThrottleStop or something else along those lines for my overclocking. While the Asus Gaming Center is convenient, it doesn't produce the best results.

Just so you know, unless the processor in your laptop is unlocked and overclockable such as the i7-6820HK in the G752VS OC Edition, the Asus Gaming Center software will be of little use to you.

diogogmaio
Level 7
Not only cpu but also gpu, @TheCoolDude.
Extreme mode.

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Yes. The GPU as well.

Thanks diogogmaio.

Do you know how to OC the GPU in the G752VS without using the Asus Gaming Center? I'm not sure if Throttlestop can do that or not. I know Asus's settings for OCing the GPU are modest.

diogogmaio
Level 7
maybe a modified vbios.
Throttlestop can help undervolt and that can help the system to not throttle when heavy gaming (which is good).
but it is an equipment with OC from scratch...room for improvement should be little

Dreamonic
Level 12
No modified VBIOS will flash over successfully yet with either NVFlash or an SPI programmer for any Pascal based GPUs. Official ROMs to official, works no problem, but not modified values of the current one.

To overclock the GPU, you can use ASUS GPU Tweak 2 (v1.3.9.7 or newer), MSI Afterburner (latest), EVGA Precision X (latest), etc.