cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VM random freezing and crash

pavin
Level 7
I've been experiencing random freezing and crash (reboots to BIOS) with the new GL 502VM (i7 6700 HQ. 1060 6G, Windows 10 Home) . It has happened two times now, once while playing GTA V (Steam) and this time while I was working on a document in Notepad++ (luckily I work on Onedrive and didnt lose the entire doc!).

What I've tried after the first crash:
1. Checked windows integrity with sfc /scannow which reported no problems.
2. Drivers, OS and BIOS were all updated before this using Asus'/Windows preinstalled programs. After crash, updated Nvidia graphics through website (Geforce experience wasnt downloading the latest :confused: )
3. Tested RAM and SSD which showed no problems.
4. Temperature and thermals reported normal with Realtemp and HWMonitor; in addition added a cooling pad too.

Repeated 1,2,3 after second crash. Again, no problems reported.

Any help is much appreciated 😉
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello Pavin
Does this issue happen again recently?
Thank you

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response. Sometimes it also has trouble waking up from sleep. The display wont turn on and have to force shutdown with power button.

Hi everybody,

I got the following problem with my ASUS FX502VM (7th Gen Intel Core):

Most of the games freeze within first half an hour of play (SWTOR, World of Warships, Mafia II, Battlefllet Gothic Armada as examples).
The problem is only with the game, other applications are ok such as firefox or ROG Gaming center so laptop works but it is impossible to switch between the windows with game and other apps, or task manager. The only solution to swith off game is to log off - log on or restart.

The funny thing is that some games work fine (Witcher 3 GOTY from GOG, Starcraft II or SW Battlefront) what makes me think that it is not hardware problem.

All games are original.

I exhausted all solutions that I found such us undervolting - temps dropped down but problem exist. Re installed windows on fabric settings - not helped. Different combinations with compatibillity and run as administrator options - not helped.

If I remember problems started after Windows 10 Creators Update. Before everythink worked fine... Anybody has same problem? Or perhaps you have another solutions?

Laptop spec:
- Windows 10 64 bit;
- Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz ;
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 @ 6.0 GB (192-bit);
- 16GB RAM;

Thanks in advance.