cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Zone Lighting on keyboard is not working in ASUS ROG G752VM

mikhailarbuzov
Level 7
3 days ago I just bought my first own gaming laptop - ASUS ROG G752VM (NVIDIA GTX 1060).

In ROG Gaming Center I can use all functions, like disable Windows Key, On/Off backlit lighting. However, one function isn't working at all. It's "Hot Zone Lighting". I have already updated the ATK Package and reinstalled ROG Gaming Center, but still I am not able to use Hot Zone Lighting function, which supposed to switch off the right part of the keyboard lighting and only WASD part should be lighted.

What to do in this case? How to enable Hot Zone Lighting function to be working?
8 REPLIES 8

Bill
Level 7
Hello mikhailarbuzov
If you are sure that all related drivers and software are reinstalled and updated but still the issue remains, Please contact your place of purchase and ask for a replacement within the return/refund period if applied. Thank you

That was my assumption of what "hot zone" lighting was too. However, I read someone else here say that it was actually something like a representation of the temperature of the laptop too.

Turning it on or off made no difference for me either. It's not a persistent setting either unless you save the profile. Maybe you need to change it, save the profile, then reboot to get the effect? I'm just guessing here.

Buggsy wrote:
That was my assumption of what "hot zone" lighting was too. However, I read someone else here say that it was actually something like a representation of the temperature of the laptop too.

Turning it on or off made no difference for me either. It's not a persistent setting either unless you save the profile. Maybe you need to change it, save the profile, then reboot to get the effect? I'm just guessing here.

Hot Zone Lighting is not representing temperature at all. This is what called Hot keys when you are playing. Because during games you mostly use WASD, E, R, F, G, C, V keys, so the other part of the keyboard lighting switches off, to "less annoy you during game", so you can use only "hot keys".

And I already saved all changes made in Gaming Center to make hot zone function to be on. Rebooted, but still save issue. It's not working.

It's not a big deal for me. But knowing that when you buy $2000 high end laptop and know tat something is not working, you feeling kind of pissed off.

home is like it does not work all the rest except walking

I had the same problem but I could figure it out at least for me
The lightning was completely disabled on the keyboard and the hot zone lights had no effect. But then I noted that I maybe should turn on the lights at all (fn + f4). And now the hot zone lightning has the expected effect.

I hope that this helps you.

Best

Araksor

*Edit: I did totally not notice the age of the post 😉 Maybe someone runs in the same issue

Hi everyone,

I bought my g752vm laptop about 2months ago. Love the performance! But I have one issue with it, the option to enable hot zone lighting has disappeared off rog gaming center! This issue arised two days after buying it.
The pictures below show my gaming centre.

If anyone has any solutions to this, I will be very grateful for your input.

Kind regards,
Alex

D_V_D
Level 7
mikhailarbuzov wrote:
3 days ago I just bought my first own gaming laptop - ASUS ROG G752VM (NVIDIA GTX 1060).

In ROG Gaming Center I can use all functions, like disable Windows Key, On/Off backlit lighting. However, one function isn't working at all. It's "Hot Zone Lighting". I have already updated the ATK Package and reinstalled ROG Gaming Center, but still I am not able to use Hot Zone Lighting function, which supposed to switch off the right part of the keyboard lighting and only WASD part should be lighted.

What to do in this case? How to enable Hot Zone Lighting function to be working?

Have you figured out what is this *hot zone lighting* does?...cause is not working on mine either....i even ran a benchmark just to see if is temperature related...but still nothing...turned the keyboard light off and run the benchmark to heat it up...still nothing
MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
PSU = Corsair AX760i info
CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info

winyl
Level 9
I have the same problem on G752VS. The Hot Zone Lighting title is gone in Gaming Center v2.7 after WIN10 reinstall and I can't get it back. Any ideas how to get it back. I read G752VS had some keyboard firmware issues. Maybe it is a keyboard firmware problem and Gaming Center doesn't detect the keyboard as having Hot Lighting Zone?
Anyone has any ideas?