Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

Hot Zone Lighting on keyboard is not working in ASUS ROG G752VM

3 days ago I just bought my first own gaming laptop - ASUS ROG G752VM (NVIDIA GTX 1060).

In ROG Gaming Center I can use all functions, like disable Windows Key, On/Off backlit lighting. However, one function isn't working at all. It's "Hot Zone Lighting". I have already updated the ATK Package and reinstalled ROG Gaming Center, but still I am not able to use Hot Zone Lighting function, which supposed to switch off the right part of the keyboard lighting and only WASD part should be lighted.

What to do in this case? How to enable Hot Zone Lighting function to be working?

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Hello mikhailarbuzov
    If you are sure that all related drivers and software are reinstalled and updated but still the issue remains, Please contact your place of purchase and ask for a replacement within the return/refund period if applied. Thank you

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

That was my assumption of what "hot zone" lighting was too. However, I read someone else here say that it was actually something like a representation of the temperature of the laptop too.

Turning it on or off made no difference for me either. It's not a persistent setting either unless you save the profile. Maybe you need to change it, save the profile, then reboot to get the effect? I'm just guessing here.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
    That was my assumption of what "hot zone" lighting was too. However, I read someone else here say that it was actually something like a representation of the temperature of the laptop too.

Turning it on or off made no difference for me either. It's not a persistent setting either unless you save the profile. Maybe you need to change it, save the profile, then reboot to get the effect? I'm just guessing here.

Hot Zone Lighting is not representing temperature at all. This is what called Hot keys when you are playing. Because during games you mostly use WASD, E, R, F, G, C, V keys, so the other part of the keyboard lighting switches off, to "less annoy you during game", so you can use only "hot keys".

And I already saved all changes made in Gaming Center to make hot zone function to be on. Rebooted, but still save issue. It's not working.

It's not a big deal for me. But knowing that when you buy $2000 high end laptop and know tat something is not working, you feeling kind of pissed off.
    Last edited by mikhailarbuzov; 11-07-2016 at 01:41 AM.

ROG Member Array

home is like it does not work all the rest except walking

New ROGer Array

I had the same problem but I could figure it out at least for me
    The lightning was completely disabled on the keyboard and the hot zone lights had no effect. But then I noted that I maybe should turn on the lights at all (fn + f4). And now the hot zone lightning has the expected effect.

I hope that this helps you.

Best

Araksor

*Edit: I did totally not notice the age of the post ;-) Maybe someone runs in the same issue
    Last edited by Araksor; 06-19-2017 at 06:57 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array D.V.D PC Specs
    D.V.D PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VS-BA177T
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair 5 Formula Z
    ProcessorAMD FX-8350(Vishera)
    Memory (part number)Kingston HyperX KHX2133C11D3/8GX
    Graphics Card #1Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorSony TV KDL-32w706b
    Storage #1SSD Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
    Storage #2WD 500Gb + WD 3x1TB(fzex)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake NIC-C4
    CaseThermaltake core v51
    Power SupplyCorsair AX760i
    Keyboard SteelSeries APEX
    Mouse A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
    Mouse Pad A4Tech
    Headset/Speakers Asus ORION / Sony MHC-RG290
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterTL-WDR3600
    Accessory #1 7 x 120 fans

Quote Originally Posted by mikhailarbuzov View Post
    3 days ago I just bought my first own gaming laptop - ASUS ROG G752VM (NVIDIA GTX 1060).

In ROG Gaming Center I can use all functions, like disable Windows Key, On/Off backlit lighting. However, one function isn't working at all. It's "Hot Zone Lighting". I have already updated the ATK Package and reinstalled ROG Gaming Center, but still I am not able to use Hot Zone Lighting function, which supposed to switch off the right part of the keyboard lighting and only WASD part should be lighted.

What to do in this case? How to enable Hot Zone Lighting function to be working?
    Have you figured out what is this *hot zone lighting* does?...cause is not working on mine either....i even ran a benchmark just to see if is temperature related...but still nothing...turned the keyboard light off and run the benchmark to heat it up...still nothing
    MB = Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z info
    CPU = AMD Fx-8350 Bios 2101info
    RAM = Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB (2x8Gb) 2133 KHX21C11T3K2/16X info
    GPU = Asus GTX 980 Matrix Platinum info
    SSD = Kingston HyperX 3K 240Gb
    HDD = WD 500Gb +WD 3x1TB(fzex)
    PSU = Corsair AX760i info
    CPU Cooler = Thermaltake Nic C4
    Display = Sony KDL-32w706b info
    Mouse = A4Tech Bloody Gun3 V7
    Keyboard = SteelSeries APEX info