Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PC is posting very slowly??

Goucho
Level 8
Hey guys running RvE, 5820k - 32GB ram - 250GB Samsung 850 Evo .. etc

My bios is 1701 .............

Recently my PC is taking ages to post to login screen. Once it gets there all is fine and responsive but it can take 3 mins from pressing on button to login screen. Sometimes it can hang on the post screen "without rotating animation" and i have to restart etc but it isn't so much that as i can sort that out ....ish lol.

Any tips?
All replies to my posts are really appreciated, thank you 🙂

Overclock results:-

GTX980 @ 1527.5MHz Core/7603MHz Memory
6 REPLIES 6

Chino wrote:
Try disconnecting some of your USB devices.

Thats a bit difficult as i have loads plugged in and im not able bodied so not easy. It ran ok before but due to the amount of devices i have plugged in you are probably right 😞

Would it help if i got a powered USB3 hub and switch it off when i boot up?

Would something like this help?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5GBPS-7-Ports-Hub-USB-3-0-For-PC-Laptop-External-Extension-Adapter-Power-C...

I could then unlpug this because it would be in reach and then switch on when PC boots up?

At the moment i have all these connected < ---- take a deep breath!

1. External HDD USB powered
2. External HDD Mains powered
3. External Audio Mixer
4. Wireless Bluetooth dongle for gamepad
5. Charging cable for gamepad
6. Desktop fan USB powered
7. Small ext speaker for skype calls USB powered
8. Nostromo custom mini keyboard
9. Keyboard
10. Mouse

Soooooooooo if i get a 7 port powered USB3 hub and put items 1 - 7 on it do you reckon that will do the trick? OR would it send the pc potty with everything joining at the same time from the hub or would it be best to just switch one on at a time lol

I'd recommend that you only plug things in as you need them also go with the highest quality usb hub. There is a chance a cheap hub would send a spike up to the board and destroy it.

I had one guy ask me why his power supply kept burning out and here he had a usb cigarette lighter drilled right into the case!

Just got an iphone7 but not by choice. I'll only buy apple wires from now on, cheap cable ruined the iphone 6s that was 1mo 1yr old.

Zarathustraa
Level 7
You can also try turning the power supply off, waiting 30 seconds, and then turning it back on.

Goucho
Level 8
I am actually doing a total clean up and reinstall on RAID0 SSds so will sort out what needs to be plugged in etc. To plug in as i need i will need a hub. Will that one in the link do? It has built in surge protection plus it is attached to a special surge protected plug in the mains power socket.

Yep i do the power drain thing if it hangs 2 or 3 times.

BTW fingers crossed it has gone back to normal post times??? PC's do keep you scratching your head don't they lmao