cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage IV Extreme- No Post- Code 0C

Brio_Bane
Level 7
I've been looking around, but I haven't found anything that fits quite what I'm looking for. So here is the situation.

I went to turn on my PC yesterday. Lights come on, fans start spinning. I sit back in my chair, then the computer shuts off. I stand up to look at it and then it powers back up. It repeated this a few times. After trying a few things it no longer shuts off and restarts.

I press the power button. The lights come on. The Fans start. The board shows code "14" for a few seconds, then goes to "0C" and stays there. The Dram LED light is also on (constant, not blinking)...I can't get into the bios.

System Specs:

Motherboard: Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: I7-3930k
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60
RAM: Gskill Trident X ( 32g- 1600)
GPU: GTX 770 4g
PSU: EVGA Supernova Nex1500 Classified

This is my first time posting on a forum, so if there is anything else I need to include just let me know.
8 REPLIES 8

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Brio Bane 🙂

Qcode OC is undocumented and reserved as far as I know however, Qcode 14 is pre-memory CPU initialization.
As your DRAM_LED is on constantly it could be your DIMMs. Post will not advance till this is rectified and you will not be able to access Bios.
Try clearing CMOS and startup with just one DIMM in the first slot to test and see if your DIMMs are working. Try also switching them around in case one is failing.
Also make sure the modules are seated well and clipped in properly.
This error can also mean your CPU has issues and would require a check of the CPU socket for bent pins.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Brio Bane 🙂

Qcode OC is undocumented and reserved as far as I know however, Qcode 14 is pre-memory CPU initialization.
As your DRAM_LED is on constantly it could be your DIMMs. Post will not advance till this is rectified and you will not be able to access Bios.
Try clearing CMOS and startup with just one DIMM in the first slot to test and see if your DIMMs are working. Try also switching them around in case one is failing.
Also make sure the modules are seated well and clipped in properly.
This error can also mean your CPU has issues and would require a check of the CPU socket for bent pins.

I cleared CMOS. Took all the DIMMS out and tested each one in the first slot. No change.
I also looked at the CPU socket and there aren't any bent pins.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Has this just started to happen Brio Bane.? Or have you installed new RAM. Also did you try different DIMM slots.
The QVL list for your MB does not list your DIMMs but that maybe because it has not been updated since 25/6/2014. Neither is your MB listed on the GSkill QVL.
If they have been working before then the MB is suspect. If they are new then they may or maynot work properly with your CPU.
If you have your MB out of the case in benchtest mode then its best to resolve the issue before re-assy.

What version Bios are you on.? Version 4901 is the latest for system stability and worth a try.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Has this just started to happen Brio Bane.? Or have you installed new RAM. Also did you try different DIMM slots.
The QVL list for your MB does not list your DIMMs but that maybe because it has not been updated since 25/6/2014. Neither is your MB listed on the GSkill QVL.
If they have been working before then the MB is suspect. If they are new then they may or maynot work properly with your CPU.
If you have your MB out of the case in benchtest mode then its best to resolve the issue before re-assy.

What version Bios are you on.? Version 4901 is the latest for system stability and worth a try.

Yes, this just started. I have had it running for a little over two years. I didn't install new ram, or anything new for that matter. I tried different DIMM slots. Nothing. I have no idea what bios version. How would I go about updating it to 4901?

MeanMachine
Level 13
It is highly unlikely that all DIMMs have failed however this can't be ruled out. Do you have another set of DIMMs to try or can you verify yours in another system.?
As I said you will not advance the POST cycle if the Dram_led is constantly lit.

How to update Bios.
If you can get into your Bios, you can use the EZ flash utility from the Advanced section>Tools menu.
Download the Bios file from ASUS support to an empty Fat32 formatted, single partition USB stick.
Press TAB to enter the drive field and TAB again to find the folder containing the Bios file. Use up/down arrow keys to select the file.
Load Optimized Defaults from the EXIT menu and the system should reboot.
There is no guarantee this will resolve the issue but worth a try.
If unsuccessful then I suspect there is a problem with the MB.
You have a supper powerful, quality and efficient PSU in your build. (Although very much overkill), I cant see this as an issue but it should be checked to rule out that possibility.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

Try this first 60161
restart PC and see if the BIOS screen loads

asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

Please read_BIOS_Converter_User_Guide_for_X79_series

you say you don't know what BIOS is on your board , I would try flash the lastest ROM file first i believe it's 1404 before trying the 4901.CAP, and only put on a FAT32 USB

place USB with BIOS file in port below ROG connect on back of board

press and hold button in for 3 to 5 sec, wait for the light to go out on the ROG connect button

restart PC and see if the BIOS screen loads
W7+RIVE+3930k+H80,32GB Kingston 1600,Samsung 830 64x2 Raid0,Geforce GT440,Seasonic 1050XM

dovienson
Level 7
Brio Bane wrote:
I've been looking around, but I haven't found anything that fits quite what I'm looking for. So here is the situation.

I went to turn on my PC yesterday. Lights come on, fans start spinning. I sit back in my chair, then the computer shuts off. I stand up to look at it and then it powers back up. It repeated this a few times. After trying a few things it no longer shuts off and restarts.

I press the power button. The lights come on. The Fans start. The board shows code "14" for a few seconds, then goes to "0C" and stays there. The Dram LED light is also on (constant, not blinking)...I can't get into the bios.

System Specs:

Motherboard: Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: I7-3930k
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60
RAM: Gskill Trident X ( 32g- 1600)
GPU: GTX 770 4g
PSU: EVGA Supernova Nex1500 Classified

This is my first time posting on a forum, so if there is anything else I need to include just let me know.

My mobo rampage iv gene and same code 14,19, 0C and the ram LED light . and I go to BIOS. But if turn off then it again. You fixed problem?

vennacher
Level 7
The only time I have cycled in endless reboot is when I've changed the "Rampage Tweak" setting in the bios. If you can get into the bios try setting this a "1" supposedly better compatibility with RAM.
MB : Rampage IV BE. - Bios 0801
CPU : i7 3970x @ 4500 MHz, Offset +0.030v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 750, C1E Enabled, C3/C6/C7 Disabled
CPU VCCSA: Manual 1.150v, Regular LLC, Fixed Frequency 500
RAM : Corsair Vengeance @ 1866 MHz - 64GB
Disks : Raid0 2x Intel 520 480GB; 2x Seagate 2TB
GFX : EVGA GTX690
Audio : Creative X-FI Titanium HD
PSU : Corsair AX1200i
Optic BD\DVD : Lite-On Blu-Ray; Samsung DVDRW
Cooler\Case : Corsair H100i v2 2; Silverstone TJ07