cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY Sonic Studio problem after clean windows 10 install

vladmusat
Level 7
When i bought my laptop (G752VY) it came with a preloaded windows 10 and drivers. Among the preinstalled programs was Sonic Studio.

2 days go I ran into some trouble and i had to do a clean windows 10 install. All fine and dandy installed all drivers and rog software but Sonic Studio was nowhere to be found. So I start researching the "internets". Found out that Sonic Studio is in the same installer as the realtek audio drivers witch I installed already. I uninstall and reinstall the audio driver and nothing. Then i contact Asus support and they tell me to first reinstall the chipset driver and then the audio driver, I do that and still nothing. So this is my last attempt at figuring this out. Asus support said that my laptop isn't compatible with Sonic Studio but since I had it before I find that hard to believe.

When I open the realtek driver this shows up.
https://postimg.org/image/h9dujj91t/
Tried clicking and pretty much anything else nothing.
Found somewhere a separate setup for Sonic Studio but the install fails to complete so that's a bust also.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thank you, Vlad
15 REPLIES 15

toronto699
Level 13

toronto699 wrote:
this is wht u need
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rcqku6

This installer worked. Thank you.

toronto699 wrote:
this is wht u need
https://www.sendspace.com/file/rcqku6

This installer worked. Thank you.

JustinThyme
Level 13
This is what happens on clean installs. Should have just used the F9 at boot and did a recovery of the factory image unless youve already wiped it. Sonic studio is not online. Its either with motherboard disks or in every laptop there is an esupport folder that has all the drivers and software like sonic studio.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
This is what happens on clean installs. Should have just used the F9 at boot and did a recovery of the factory image unless youve already wiped it. Sonic studio is not online. Its either with motherboard disks or in every laptop there is an esupport folder that has all the drivers and software like sonic studio.

I know i might look stupid now that i know this but I didn't know that this was an option. Every time i had a problem a clean install always helped so that was the go to solution for me. And about that esupport folder, either it was not on the laptop when i got it or it was really well hidden because I have never seen it.
I have to mention I can do a clean install of windows and apply some patches, maybe fallow some instructions but in no way am I a "computer guy".
I have now downloaded the esupport folder and it is sitting safely on an external hard drive.

Thank you for all the help. Vlad

So yes this is were it was before you clean installed 64131

A Good series of disk Images and good backup routine, is a much better option than clean Installing, takes far less time to restore a disk/SSD Image that to clean install and reconfigure. Pick a good back up/Image creating software. Lots of people like Macrium Reflect, take your pick there are several that work.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

toronto699
Level 13
Here is the "esupport folder" with all the orginal software if u need them. u should have made a copy of the esupport folder before u made a clean install , Sonic Suite {audio} is there to in esupport folder. as some software will not install or update unless u have the orginal file that came with your laptop like sonic studio.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFFjC%2DXRhJzucT8&id=B8550AE40458AE86%212013&cid=B8550AE40458A...

toronto699 wrote:
Here is the "esupport folder" with all the orginal software if u need them. u should have made a copy of the esupport folder before u made a clean install , Sonic Suite {audio} is there to in esupport folder. as some software will not install or update unless u have the orginal file that came with your laptop like sonic studio.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AFFjC%2DXRhJzucT8&id=B8550AE40458AE86%212013&cid=B8550AE40458A...

Hello, i just downloaded the link you provided, and would just like to say thank you. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from the home variant, and my sonic studio 2 just went missing. Would i be able to obtain it from this download?

toronto699
Level 13
everyone should take JustinThyme's advice and never do a clean install as u are asking for issues just follow his instructions to recover your laptop. to late after a clean install to do that

"This is what happens on clean installs. Should have just used the F9 at boot and did a recovery of the factory image unless youve already wiped it. Sonic studio is not online. Its either with motherboard disks or in every laptop there is an esupport folder that has all the drivers and software like sonic studio" JustinThyme is one smart guy, everyone take his advice