Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87
  1. #1
    Banned Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    41

    Workaround for the Subwoofer / Audio Problems G55/G75

    I have tried literally every single VIA Driver released till date and the best one is the Via Audio Driver v6.0.10.1200 as it gives the richest bass effect.
    Last edited by xeromist; 02-13-2013 at 10:24 AM.

  2. #2
    New ROGer Array Zygomorphic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    176
    Posts
    4,761

    Awesome! Congratulations. Thanks for posting.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    48
    Posts
    691

    The subwoofer cannot be solved my friend. It's a design problem and it will be like this as long as these G75s will work.

    Any other EQ setting is a matter of preference.

    +5 for 1k for me is just terrible since this was the problem in the first place. Why enhance it? But then again I see Winamp with a different EQ setting, so why set a base for one program only and then change things in that program for the sound to work well?

    What I did was a general setting and from that anyone can tweak it. Some did.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    I'll install the driver and try the guide thanks.
    But do you have the problem where your subfoower plays even when the headphones are plugged in?

    EDIT: This didn't fix the fact that my subfoower still play sound with my headphones.
    Last edited by iMario999; 09-14-2012 at 02:38 PM.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Subwoofer

    My Subwoofer is fine. I think I got the latest driver, not the super latest one. I think it's the .800. It works fine.

  6. #6
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    48

    So CMAN, if I understand what you are saying is that the subwoofer will never actually be a traditional lfe? This bums me out if thats true.

    I would think they could add an electronic filter on it to do it. Correct me if I am wrong.
    G75VW-BBK5

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Yeah, I, too am wondering about the subwoofer playing with headphones connected on my G75.

    I have not yet had the time to try a lot of other drivers to see if anything changes but from what I`ve seen drivers have no effect on this issue.

    I notice that when I initially plug in phones and use them, I hear nothing from the sub or the speakers. If I then launch a new audio app, VLC or almost anything else, I then hear audio out of the sub. But then if I turn the volume up or down even a single notch, with the function keys, the sub shuts off again. This does`t seem like a hardware issue to me and should be able to be addressed in a driver update.

    The audio system seems more than a little strange to me anyway. The `subwoofer is more like a mono center channel speaker and he other two, merely tweeters that deliver only top end signals. No mid-range sound comes out of them at all.

  8. #8
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    65

    Quote Originally Posted by alainberni View Post
    My Subwoofer is fine. I think I got the latest driver, not the super latest one. I think it's the .800. It works fine.
    Never had issues with mine either, straight out of the box it has worked fine, even with headphones for the last couple months.
    G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
    G75VW-T1013V
    G74SX

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow44 View Post
    Yeah, I, too am wondering about the subwoofer playing with headphones connected on my G75.

    I have not yet had the time to try a lot of other drivers to see if anything changes but from what I`ve seen drivers have no effect on this issue.

    I notice that when I initially plug in phones and use them, I hear nothing from the sub or the speakers. If I then launch a new audio app, VLC or almost anything else, I then hear audio out of the sub. But then if I turn the volume up or down even a single notch, with the function keys, the sub shuts off again. This does`t seem like a hardware issue to me and should be able to be addressed in a driver update.

    The audio system seems more than a little strange to me anyway. The `subwoofer is more like a mono center channel speaker and he other two, merely tweeters that deliver only top end signals. No mid-range sound comes out of them at all.
    Yellow, I had the same exact problem. I found a fix. Hope you enjoy.

    First uninstall your VIA HD Audio Deck.
    Reboot your laptop.
    Download THIS and install it.
    Reboot again.

    I fixed my subwoofer problem with these simple steps. It was the only issue I had with the laptop, now everything is good. G75VW FOR LIFE!

  10. #10
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    48
    Posts
    691

    Quote Originally Posted by eugene.nelson View Post
    So CMAN, if I understand what you are saying is that the subwoofer will never actually be a traditional lfe? This bums me out if thats true.

    I would think they could add an electronic filter on it to do it. Correct me if I am wrong.
    Yes. It gets way too much mids (up to 1k if I remember this right and that is no subwoofer normal working freq.) and the speakers (that have a very bad position on the laptop, this making things even worse) can't even keep up in terms of power. You cannot adjust it very much as the entire system will lose much of its power and no one wants that. This is how it was designed and it will die as such.

    Also the sound chip itself seems very poor as even with headphones on default settings the sound is terrible. This could be another problem.

    With my settings I have tried to find a balance for everything, based on what the system can output. It's not that bad after this.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •