cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mafia III

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
A word to the wise...

Don't get this game...not until it's seriously reduced in price and/or seriously patched and optimized for PC.

There are quite a few positive reviews out there on the bought and paid for sites that praise the sociological value of this game...as if that was somehow important.
These reviews totally gloss over the fact that this game is in a terrible state and truly boring. Needs serious work and patching...probably more patching than 2K can be bothered to do...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016746970/recommended/360430/

12 REPLIES 12

grassy
Level 12
Thanks Arne,points noted mate.I will stay clear of this one.:)
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
grassy! good to see you about man...

Yeah sorry for the downer on this one but it's a big miss...I loved the previous 2 games....maybe worth it at about the £15 mark once it's patched...if they patch it...

Very deceptive game because the first 3 hours are good...just enough to put you over a Steam refund limit...almost like they planned it 😉

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
grassy! good to see you about man...

Yeah sorry for the downer on this one but it's a big miss...I loved the previous 2 games....maybe worth it at about the £15 mark once it's patched...if they patch it...

Very deceptive game because the first 3 hours are good...just enough to put you over a Steam refund limit...almost like they planned it 😉
Hi Arne,it's good to be back as i have been away working and i need some gaming time now. My rig is going great guns and i am still using the 362 driver that you recommended and no problems at all.Started the rig up yesterday and its still like brand new.No game stutter at all.:)

Menthol
Level 14
I heard that if you try and get a refund 2 big Italians in black suits show up at your door with baseball bats

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Haha...well, that would be the only Mafia like thing about this game...but this is so "lite" a couple of guys from the local pizza place would show up with brooms and give your porch a darn good sweeping....capiche?

Nate152
Hi guys !

Thanks for the heads up Arne, I have mafia II and I thought it was an ok game for a 3rd person shooter, how does mafia III compare to II is mafia III a third person shooter too?

Hey Grassy, that's great to hear your pc is doing well.

grassy wrote:
Hi Arne,it's good to be back as i have been away working and i need some gaming time now. My rig is going great guns and i am still using the 362 driver that you recommended and no problems at all.Started the rig up yesterday and its still like brand new.No game stutter at all.:)

Good to hear the rig is still purring along...sweet! Yeah that was a good driver...I am on 368.81 now...great driver too...good for Witcher 3 SLI etc. drivers after that real sketchy...

Nate152 wrote:
Hi guys !

Thanks for the heads up Arne, I have mafia II and I thought it was an ok game for a 3rd person shooter, how does mafia III compare to II is mafia III a third person shooter too?

Hey Grassy, that's great to hear your pc is doing well.

Yeah, it's still 3rd person shooter...similar gunplay in Mafia III to II...some good story and when the game works has some good missions.....but and it's a big BUT...the game is terribly optimised full of bugs..has textures and skybox from the last decade...and should be about 10 hours long if it weren't for the fact they have you rinse and repeat the same mission 36 times....no joke....see my review on steam above

Basically this is not a AAA game...certainly not on PC...it's just a bad console port...real shame

grassy
Level 12
I have gone back to playing black flag and syndicate which I enjoyed a lot. Also res evil 4 *which I thought was done great for pc considering it was a ps2 game.I thought they did a great job off bringing that to life on pc.Res evil 6 was disappointing,as I suspect res evil 7 will be somewhat better. I have not played Mafia 1 or 2. I do prefer 3rd person shooters though.

I totaly agree, i didnt got in on official ways to play it for testing, the game is awful, the graphics are bad too, is a forced game that bring death to mafia 1 and mafia 2

im dissapointed as hell i don't want to even think about, i would like to have this game just to show it up on my library near mafia 2....

mafia 2 is and it will be the best game i played that make my days and i still play and replay it ...

they will never make a game like Mafia 2...they are incapable and money greedy.