Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array SoobRex PC Specs
    SoobRex PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Formula
    ProcessorI7-6700K 4.6GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 970 SSC
    MonitorSamsung 28" 4K
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CaseCorsair 760t
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Sonic Studio II low and high equalizer sliders have no effect

    Hello all, I have noticed in Sonic Studio that the 32Hz and 16kHz sliders have no effect on the sound output. All the other sliders work as they should. I am curious if anyone else has noticed this, and if so does anyone know how to fix? Using the most recent drivers from the ASUS website on Windows 10 version 1607. BIOS version 1902. Is there any way to get rid of Sonic Studio and still have an equalizer?

  2. #2
    Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4000MHz 16-16-16-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPC Power & Cooling Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G500
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U
    Nate152's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Reputation
    308
    Posts
    16,349

    Hello SoobRex

    Welcome to the ROG forum.

    It must be normal that's how it is for me too.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array SoobRex PC Specs
    SoobRex PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Formula
    ProcessorI7-6700K 4.6GHz
    Memory (part number)16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 970 SSC
    MonitorSamsung 28" 4K
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i GT
    CaseCorsair 760t
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    That's unfortunate. I really feel like my music is lacking without the highs. I expected better when I plopped down 400 bucks for this board. I've never really been impressed with the "supreme" audio. Anybody else noticed this behavior? Maybe someone can recommend a good third-party equalizer?
    Last edited by SoobRex; 11-05-2016 at 08:14 PM.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by SoobRex View Post
    That's unfortunate. I really feel like my music is lacking without the highs. I expected better when I plopped down 400 bucks for this board. I've never really been impressed with the "supreme" audio. Anybody else noticed this behavior? Maybe someone can recommend a good third-party equalizer?
    I stopped buying any ASUS ROG/Gaming boards because of this High end audio sucks and can't be fixed.
    You can find my other post here and see that nobody here gives a rats ass about it as well.
    Sad.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
    I stopped buying any ASUS ROG/Gaming boards because of this High end audio sucks and can't be fixed.
    You can find my other post here and see that nobody here gives a rats ass about it as well.
    Sad.
    Actually, those sliders work are working for me but I assume the software version has changed quite a bit since those posts from 2016. And for the record, the keyboard tuff stuff is lame. You didn't swear off ROG you bought a sound card lol. From your other thread here:

    Quote Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
    At the end of the day I just installed a sound card and was done with it.

    That was my only choice other than to get a different motherboard model.

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by campb292 View Post
    Actually, those sliders work are working for me but I assume the software version has changed quite a bit since those posts from 2016. And for the record, the keyboard tuff stuff is lame. You didn't swear off ROG you bought a sound card lol. From your other thread here:
    That was the last one I bought. "I stopped buying any ASUS ROG/Gaming boards because of this"


    So yes and yes.

  7. #7
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    The audio really is lame on these premium boards, I totally don't understand why they neutered the audio and notbody here since 2016 has offered any work-around or suggestions or pointed out anything I may be missing.

    Other less boards like an old Z170-A have great audio and full EQ control.

    Why make it suck like this? WHY?

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ondersma80 PC Specs
    ondersma80 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Hero Alpha
    Processori7-6700K
    Memory (part number)F4-3000C15D-16GTZ
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Sound CardXonar DSX
    MonitorPG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #2Assorted SSD & HDD
    CPU CoolerNH-D14
    Power SupplySilencer MK III 850W
    Keyboard G105
    Mouse G700S
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 5
    OS Windows 10 - I moved on from the technology of the previous decade.

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    257

    Quote Originally Posted by N8LBV View Post
    I totally don't understand why they neutered the audio and notbody here since 2016 has offered any work-around or suggestions or pointed out anything I may be missing.
    User error/incompetence. The equalizer works for me to.

  9. #9
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by ondersma80 View Post
    User error/incompetence. The equalizer works for me to.

    Thanks for being a total jerk.
    I hope you feel better when you do that.
    It was not helpful.


    And most likely it does not work for you more likely that you are deaf at high frequencies and don't know or can't tell the difference.

    I'm not the only one out here reporting the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •