cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10 Adapative Voltage Problem

thebski
Level 9
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an OC on a system I put together yesterday with a 6900K, RVE10, and 32 GB of the Dom Platinum SE memory. For some reason, it doesn't matter what number I enter in the adaptive voltage box, it uses 1.268V. In order to deviate from that number I must use an offset. Changing the voltage entered in the adaptive voltage box changes nothing in the OS. It doesn't make any sense, and I never had this problem with my X99 Deluxe and 5820K. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Adaptive voltage cannot be forced lower than the default value. It has been this way on any board or platform that has adaptive mode capability.

thebski
Level 9
Ok, so the default for my CPU is 1.268V then? I was hoping to keep my OC under 1.25V, but I guess I will have to settle for 1.268V. Thanks for the help on that.

Also, is there any reason that as soon as I apply XMP my VCCSA goes to 1.376V if left on Auto? On my previous two X platform machines, a 3930K and a 5820K, always left system agent on auto and the voltages were reasonable. Also what's weird is that if I do any offset, it's based on 1V instead of 1.376V for the VCCSA.

Brighttail
Level 11
thebski wrote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an OC on a system I put together yesterday with a 6900K, RVE10, and 32 GB of the Dom Platinum SE memory. For some reason, it doesn't matter what number I enter in the adaptive voltage box, it uses 1.268V. In order to deviate from that number I must use an offset. Changing the voltage entered in the adaptive voltage box changes nothing in the OS. It doesn't make any sense, and I never had this problem with my X99 Deluxe and 5820K. Any ideas?

Just outta curiosity, which BIOS version are you on? I couldn't get the Corsair Dominator SE to work on 1003 without really upping the DRAM voltage. Works perfectly at 1.35v on 901.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
Just outta curiosity, which BIOS version are you on? I couldn't get the Corsair Dominator SE to work on 1003 without really upping the DRAM voltage. Works perfectly at 1.35v on 901.

I am using 901. It's what was on it out of the box and I have heard about some issues with the latest version.

thebski
Level 9
I am struggling with the Realbench Stress Test. It seems I can't even get through it at default settings. For some reason the motherboard defaults to 4 GHz at 1.268V. I'm not sure how I make it run real default settings of 3.2 or whatever is on the box. At any rate, even with default settings in the bios (4 GHz), the stress test either crashes Lux Mark or BSODs out before I get to 30 minutes.

In Rajas guide for BW-E he said to do at least an hour stress test, but I can't seem to get through even at default. I can loop the benchmark without issue.

thebski wrote:
I am struggling with the Realbench Stress Test. It seems I can't even get through it at default settings. For some reason the motherboard defaults to 4 GHz at 1.268V. I'm not sure how I make it run real default settings of 3.2 or whatever is on the box. At any rate, even with default settings in the bios (4 GHz), the stress test either crashes Lux Mark or BSODs out before I get to 30 minutes.

In Rajas guide for BW-E he said to do at least an hour stress test, but I can't seem to get through even at default. I can loop the benchmark without issue.

Is system at stock defaults?

Chino wrote:
Is system at stock defaults?

It was at defaults as in F5 for load optimized defaults in bios with the only settings changed being boot settings such as no CSM, etc. But I just now finally discovered my problem with the Real Bench stress test. I finally passed it for the first time for an hour at 4.3 GHz at 1.3V.

I have been researching since yesterday and saw many people were having problems with LuxMark crashing due to SLI being enabled. I tried without SLI enabled and it did help tremendously. I went from crashing no matter what to actually getting quite a ways into benchmarks and seeing differences with different VCore values, but I still was having crashing problems. Then I started shutting down other software such as Afterburner, CPU-Z, and AIDA64. I had been using all of this to monitor. I came across other people who had monitoring software interfere with the stress test.

With nothing running other than Realbench and Corsair Link to control my H110i, it finally got through for an hour without crashing on settings that would not previously work. I do believe that almost all of my OC problems to this point have been software interfering with Realbench and not so much OC problems.

Now that I finally have a core OC I'm somewhat confident in, I will move on to the fun part, that being memory. I'm hoping I can get the timings my memory a little tighter than XMP. Probably better get it stable with XMP first though. Now back to trying to figure out why my board uses such an insane VCCSA when left on Auto for XMP settings.