cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Formula .some question....it is Normal....?!?

brhams
Level 7
Hello All!
1. Afther I start my PC afther some time the q code A0 change in 00 (Not used ) it is Normal ?!?
2. when I press the little button KEY BOT , Nothing happens just a red led light up! On my Old Maximus VI Formula, when I press that button the system restart! How this button must Work !?!? Thanks in advanced !!!
6 REPLIES 6

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi brhams 🙂

1. Qcode AO is IDE initialization is started which means post has handed over to your OS and should boot to Windows, unless there is an issue with your HDD.
Qcode 00 is not documented and can be one of many things and is not normal.
2. The KEY BOT Feature is for USB keyboards only and is used within AISuite. By using this button to switch it on, a suitable USB keyboard can be plugged into one of your rear IO ports. For full functionality, refer to section 4.9 page 4-46 of your MB manual.
Hope this helps.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thanks man ,I was hopping the keyboot button ( maximus VII) have the same function like Directkey button (maximus VI) !:( Did this maximus VII have something like maximus VI Directkey if something go wrong ?!?( At my old maximus VI Formula something happens and I cannot started with the Start button or Qconector; I can only started with DirectKey button !!!, That's way I was hopping the new Maximus VII have something similar ....)

MeanMachine
Level 13
No unfortunately brhams, the Maximus VII Formula does not have a MB directkey button to access Bios.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Did someone try to put 3GPU (Radeon) on Maximus 7 Formula ?!? On my old maximus 6 formula I put 3 graphic card ( 2x280X OC Gigabyte and 1 AMD 7990) but the 6 formula have a molex power suplly near the 3trd pcix16 .On the other hand my new maximus 7 don't have a molex power suplly ! I wonder if the 3trd Gpu it works and the mobo see it ?!? By the way I am not interest right now to put this GPU's in crossfire I just want to work all 3! Any advice ?! For 3 GPU's I use 2 PSU ; 1 Corsair AX 1200i ; 1 Corsair RM 1000 and a raiser for the 3trd GPU becouse as you know and see the second and the third slots are very closed one each other so I need a proper ventilation!!!

Chino wrote:
Yes, the Maximus VII Formula supports 3-way CrossFireX.

I know that, but I ask if someone really have 3 graphic cards on this mobo or make some test with good results, maybe a ''enthuziast'' wich I can talk about that,...:p