cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 way Titan X Pascal Benching

Menthol
Level 14
Besides being a little costly I have found this to be very frustrating having to turn the system off and come back the next day to prevent loosing my cool.
I have found that Pascal does not produce the heat that Maxwell did so it doesn't overwhelm my water chiller, I can bench continuously where with multiple Maxwell GPU's I could only run a couple benches then have to turn the system off so the chiller could catch up to the heat produced.
There are not very many benchmarks that are compatible with more than 2 Pascal cards and the scaling goes down hill very fast, and Catzilla 4 way gives worse score that 3 way.
I am still trying to figure out some sli settings are best for each benchmark and the new Nvidia Inspector is better compatible with Pascal than the older versions
using the RVR10 I need to use the bios option for 4 way sli and this disables M,2 slot so I can only use a SATA drive for OS, I may swap to my RVE board and see if it works any better with 3 and 4 cards, this is not for the faint of heart, the new EK dual D5 pump block works really well

12 REPLIES 12

Menthol
Level 14
Oh forgot to mention for 3 and 4 way Pascal cards you need either the EVGA or MSI LED type sli bridges, not sure about the ROG but these have connections on both sides of thee sli connector similar to the HB bridges so you don't get the sli warning that the bridge is incorrect and cannot be used for sli on Pascal cards, I discovered these are getting difficult to find, got the MSI 4 way from Neweeg and an EVGA 3 way on ebay

meankeys
Level 13
very nice les... Ill have to check out those scores.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Jeepers Menthol...4way Titans...nice...:cool:

I presume you don't even have to OC the cards...stock they probably get bottlenecked by CPU...

You have to get special stuff from Nvidia to run 4way?

Menthol
Level 14
Nvidia is not handing out the sli keys or whatever they originally said they would do, 3 and 4 way are not supported on anything on Win7 except Catzilla and it is a real struggle, Time Spy, Firestrike, and Firestrile Extreme, is it and yes CPU bottleneck with 10 cores at 4.7 GHZ, I know of 2 people that actually have some working profiles for games with 4 way, thee first person to get 4 way on games uses a server board with dual Zeon's and allows him to assign pcie slots to each CPU, hee has a thread on Nvidia forums, as for Bencher's there is only like 3 or 4 people with submissions so I can get last place with these cards but way behind the guys using LN2, I would have been better off purchasing a couple used 980ti's and benching 4 of them with full driver support, anyway I will play around till thee end of thee year trying to find some magic sauce for better results and get rid of a couple before the next high end release

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Heck!....Shame that's the case...I guess, yeah, a couple of braces of Kingpin Tis would be more OC fun...or unlocked BIOS on Titan Maxwells...

SLI seems to be dying a death pretty much

Menthol
Level 14
Since EVGA P OC is kind of EVGA specific now, you need an EVGA serial number to install it, and K boost only works on EVGA Pascal cards I am using MSI AB and have to overclock each card individually using the "curve method" CNTRL F, CNTRL L, set the max Core freq, save then set power slider to max and set memory freq.

4 cards at 2101 core =700 mem

This is quite tedious especially testing frequencies per benchmark and sli settings which seem difficult to figure out

as you can see the cards speed don't seem to fluctuate or downclock during benching and temp is 15 degrees during benchmark run, chiller and new pump working great

There are still issues i am trying to work out, like why my cards clocked at 2101 mhz don't show that speed on Futuremark website when I see some others do, I believe that is affecting my score somewhat but not sure what they are doing different than I am

I would never run more than 2 and really one of these cards for daily use and gaming, I guess I just have to much free time now since I don't work anymore

Menthol wrote:
I guess I just have too much free time now since I don't work anymore

Oh yeah? You finally retired Menthol...congrats!:cool: Probably wise to collect some pension while they still can pay one LOL
https://vimeo.com/43762138

Is OCing those cards actually improving scores for 3 way and 4 way?

Menthol
Level 14
The scaling is not good, some get worse with more cards

I am very fortunate, I earned retirements from 2 different places of employment, both large Corporations, neither were Trump owned so I am OK, may start doing some travel next year

meankeys
Level 13
Ahh... the good old age 😉

Congrats - Enjoy