cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 950 Pro + G752VY, can't install NVM Express driver

Twrig106
Level 7
Hi. Im obviously an idiot when it comes to this, so I'm asking for a solution in English.

I bought myself a Samsung 950 Pro for my G752VY (This is my very first SSD. This computer never came with a SSD, only a HDD.)
Yes, I did notice that there were people stating that theyre having trouble installing it, but there has been so many people saying they've found a "Fix" to get the laptop to "See" the drive. I don't know wtf theyre doing to get the laptop to see the drive. I can currently see the Samsung 950 Pro in BIOS under the Intel tab. Ive installed Samsung Magician; but cant install the NVM Express driver; because it gets the error: "Samsung NVM Express Device is not connected. Connect the Device and try again."

I haven't modified the BIOS in any way, only looked through it this once to find that it can see the SSD. I also at the moment only intend to have this one SSD in, as its plenty large enough for OS and the 2 games I play.

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

Twrig106
Level 7
Been able to Clone the OS over to the SSD using the Samsung Migration Software without any problems. I can also set it as the Default boot option, as well as manually force boot from this drive. However it always boots from the HDD. I have yet to try removing the HDD and then trying to boot.

Visit the link below, it may be of some help to you.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88586-G752vy-Buggy-AHCI-Mode-in-BIOS-up-to-2-13-Do-not-swit...

Also, look at the sticky topics here on the G752 laptops, there is also a topic that tells you how to install Windows 10 from scratch on SSD's and how to get the computer and Windows 10 to see the drive with the correct driver. Also, some hints on how to force Windows 10 into 'safe mode' so that it see's the SSD.

CladMaster wrote:
Visit the link below, it may be of some help to you.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88586-G752vy-Buggy-AHCI-Mode-in-BIOS-up-to-2-13-Do-not-swit...

Also, look at the sticky topics here on the G752 laptops, there is also a topic that tells you how to install Windows 10 from scratch on SSD's and how to get the computer and Windows 10 to see the drive with the correct driver. Also, some hints on how to force Windows 10 into 'safe mode' so that it see's the SSD.

Thanks for the info; when I get home I will have a look in to this before I take the PC to the computer shop.

Im starting to wonder if it will be worth sending back the 950, and getting a 850 instead, or maybe a 960 when my store is able to order them in. Do the 960's work in the G752VY?

So, after spending some time with the PC repair guys, they have come to a conclusion as to what the main problem with "Accepting" the SSD is.
They state that the default settings for the PC is to RAID, where youre supposed to have 2x SSD's (Generally 2x smaller SSD's, and RAID joins them to make the larger SSD), making this set up (1x [2tb 5400 RPM] HDD + 1x [Samsung 950 PRO] SSD) not compatible.

How they fixed:
Since I had already cloned my C: over to the SSD, it made their job a lot easier; they only had to completely format my HDD back to being a plain Storage drive. This allowed my PC to boot off the SSD.

However.
This is not a complete fix. I don't think I'm using the NVMe. While yes my computer is deadly fast now; I cant install the NVMe driver; as it comes up with exact same error as early, stating that there is no NVMe drive; please install one.

Hey Now!! Im having the same exact issue as your first issue... I connected my Samsung 960 pro, downloaded the driver, and its telling me it cant install the driver because my device isn't connected.

What did you do to fix this?

:cool: