Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus pg279q ( fps games)

mentalist2312
Level 7
hello
i am new to gaming on pc.
my specs - asus pg279q, gtx 1080, i7 6700k, 500 ssd samsung evo and 16 gb.
so my problem is that when gaming on fps games like bf1 and titanfall 2 the game feels slugesh far from butter smooth. thew weird part is that i get high fps on bf1 around 115-150 and on titanfall 2 around 110-144. tried capping the fps to 120 on bf1 and titanfall 2 both games are on high settings (titanfall 2 on very high not insane mode) but still doesnt help. i been looking on both forums trying to find some help but also with no luck. i have read that gamers are playing bf1 with low fps from 60 to 100 and they say that game works butter smooth.so i am pretty confused about this subject. i have also tried to lower the monitor to 120 hz and 144 hz (the monitor usually stays on 165 hz) but also same thing tried every tweak possible.the only way i get smooth gameplay is when fps games reach high fps and stable fps around 144-165 but this is impossible to do on new games especially on 1440p.
5 REPLIES 5

cljustin
Level 8
Is V-sync turned off, and G-sync turned on? And are your drivers up to date? Does it only occur on these 2 games or every FPS you play?

Those two games just came out. Trust me, it's the games. Once they get patched up, they'll run a lot better. Try playing bf4. It's a good example of what it should look like. My 2 cents.*

So they just patched BF1 and I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers as of 11/15/2016 and the game still feels verry choppy, even at 60 frames it feels like 30/40. I do have gsync enabled at 144hz 😕

Janne-71
Level 7
It's not the games, i have pg279q and i run both those games fluently (about 100fps both) ) with 980ti/6600k processor. Something else is wrong with your setup. These games are very well optimized for pc both.

Crashcourse316
Level 9
Could you define sluggish better? input lag? regular lag? the LED response time is slow? game is choppy or uneven frame rates?
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.