cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha Wireless Range

uniconverse
Level 7
i have an issue with the wireless mode in which the connectivity range seem a little short in my opinion. I am not sure what is the default range but it seem like any range beyond 30cm of the wireless dock and the mouse, it disconnects and does not work until i am back in the 30cm range. i have plenty of wireless mouse and even the mamba has ranges up to metres so i am not sure if my wireless dock is faulty. Wired mode works perfectly fine. Be glad if someone enlighten me on its wireless connectivity range.

i am using the latest firmware 2.108

I have the latest update firmware Dock: 1.24 and mouse at 1.49. Tested on both laptop and PC and still the connection range is very low. Reinstalled firmware many times but still same issue.
3 REPLIES 3

uniconverse
Level 7
have RMA the mouse and they gave a new one. found out it was faulty. the new one could connect even from outside my room-:o awesomeeeee mouse

bateto_007
Level 7
I have dock station under my desk. Distance 40-45cm. All work fine.

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry for the late update, after checking with our engineers they said that for most environments the wireless range should be about 5 meters. Since majority of environments have other electronics that emit interference so the actual wireless range is less than that of the max rated range of 10 meters. A wireless range of 10 meters is only obtainable through a completely clean environment with no other electronic devices around.