Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I am not buying ASUS again if this is not resolved well.

ROG Member Array

Well, it is kind of resolved, but unfortunately by the community and not by Asus. If I was Asus, I would at least provide a little software package to apply the fixes with just one click for those who aren't that confident with undervolting and tweaking.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Peacecamper View Post
    Well, it is kind of resolved, but unfortunately by the community and not by Asus. If I was Asus, I would at least provide a little software package to apply the fixes with just one click for those who aren't that confident with undervolting and tweaking.
    Can I have the fix from you? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by vfuyong View Post
    Can I have the fix from you? Thanks.
    It's here in this thread: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post639163

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Peacecamper View Post
    I tried downvolt CPU and GPU, it did not help the discharging problem. I believe it is the power adapter not powerful enough. A replacement of 230W may help.
    Last edited by vfuyong; 04-13-2017 at 01:31 AM.

ROG Member Array

I am also in the same boat as everyone else.. Under load my battery discharges. Sadly, I am a few days past my sellers 14 day RMA, but I didn't notice until just now that this is happening. I've undervolted my CPU, have the 230w power brick, the latest BIOS and haven't had that make a difference. I asked for an RMA even though I am passed due. It's sad, as I really liked the notebook for it's 120Hz screen, G-Sync and 1070.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Macra View Post
    I am also in the same boat as everyone else.. Under load my battery discharges. Sadly, I am a few days past my sellers 14 day RMA, but I didn't notice until just now that this is happening. I've undervolted my CPU, have the 230w power brick, the latest BIOS and haven't had that make a difference. I asked for an RMA even though I am passed due. It's sad, as I really liked the notebook for it's 120Hz screen, G-Sync and 1070.
    On my GL502VS, I only needed to undervolt the 1070 GPU to avoid the battery discharge issue (curve profile has a max. of 1700MHz @ 825mV). I found that I did not need to undervolt the CPU.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
    On my GL502VS, I only needed to undervolt the 1070 GPU to avoid the battery discharge issue (curve profile has a max. of 1700MHz @ 825mV). I found that I did not need to undervolt the CPU.

What scenario tho? heavy gaming? rendering? stress tests?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ymzuki View Post
    What scenario tho? heavy gaming? rendering? stress tests?
    This is running Elite Dangerous using a Virtual Reality system (Oculus Rift CV1). For me, no other gaming, rendering or video transcoding workload is as power intensive (I saw a draw of 15% per hour). *

I made a post about it in #295.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
    This is running Elite Dangerous using a Virtual Reality system (Oculus Rift CV1). For me, no other gaming, rendering or video transcoding workload is as power intensive (I saw a draw of 15% per hour). *

I made a post about it in #295.
    And that 15% drain/hour was fixed with undervolting the gpu @ 825mv? I wen't even lower on mine and it still draws..

THO, i see you have the 230 power supply... 180 here...

-----------

I'm wondering if the power draw issue was fixed for people with 230w adapters only by undervolting the GPU.

Can we have some more feedback from people with 230w PSU please?
    Last edited by Ymzuki; 04-14-2017 at 04:10 AM.

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast